By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is the Wii really competing with PS360?

Whata quality thread shameless created. At least we dont have to put up with anymore now hes 'left vgchartz'

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
bigjon said:

HOWEVER, when it comes to HW I do not believe that the Wii compete with regards to core gamers. Most core gamers on a limited budget are going to get an HD console regardless. So if the Wii did not exist I do not believe the sales of the PS360 would look THAT different.

If I didn't get a wii, I probably would have a PS3, so it does compete.  I might still someday, but right now I am happy with the wii I don't see a reason to get a PS3 any longer.

yes they are.

Yes they are competing, the same way as pokemon is competing with dexter. Both are tv-series targeted to people who watch tv. I think pokemon is more popular, but still it won't be aired prime time. Maybe it is the same case with wii's third party support? :O Pokemon is much more fun too, if you ask the people who watch the show.

Like it or not its still competing since they are all gaming consoles and as long as there are people buying them they are.

Around the Network

Simple answer, no.

not really, me and my brothers all want hd consoles and i dont think any of use would even get a Wii even if they were 100.

so in that case i wouldnt really say the are after the same audience. after seeing e3 it is clear that they have terned into an alien like company.

obieslut said:
not really, me and my brothers all want hd consoles and i dont think any of use would even get a Wii even if they were 100.

so in that case i wouldnt really say the are after the same audience. after seeing e3 it is clear that they have terned into an alien like company.

Well only 1 company caters to the Sony fanboy market.  You've got them there.

Why can't it be somewhere in the middle?

The Wii competes with the PS360 for the core gamer market. The competition in that market is more even between the 3 consoles.

The Wii also has a monopoly in the casual gamer market. This market consists of consumers that would NEVER consider a PS360 and this market is much much larger than the core gamer market... (and it will piss me off if someone says that all people who buy the Wii would consider the PS360)

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

Of course they are competing. If you walk into a games store there will be a computer games section with games for all three consoles. There isnt a ps3+360 section and then a seperate wii section on the other side of the store

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot