By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'll never buy a game for my PS3

Amarok said:
EdGuila said:

I'll never buy an BD movie for my PS3!!!!....

Touché

Seriously, I laughed out loud when I read that.

Well I will eventually, it's just that I'm not an huge on collecting movies.  Once you watch them that's it, I probably won't watch it for another 5 years or so.

I'm considering Planet Earth but it's $70; easily more than a game.

PSN: EDguila

PS3 library:  Motorstorm, Assasin's Creed, Orange Box, Uncharted:DF, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance:FOM, Rachet & Clank Future:ToD,

Near future: Folklore, SOCOM Confrontation, BioShock, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2.

Around the Network

The main thing that really irks me about the PS3 as a media player is the lack of an IR port for remotes. I have a Logitech Harmony that I am thoroughly addicted to.

I give this thread a 9.8.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Amarok said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:

I could just as well buy a 360 just for solely a cheap DVD upscaler. That's 1 added to the 360 ticker. Your point is? Unless there is some study...I don't think it can be said for sure whether a lot of people buy it solely for a Blu-ray player or not.

I doubt many of us have access to such data, but I work with a typical bunch of 25-45 year old IT people, all of whom have plenty of disposable income and are talking about £1000 amps and 50" Plasma screens frequently.  They are reaching the conclusion that the PS3 is currently the best entry into Bluray for their AV setups, and this is also repeated in the hifi mags currently.

3 of us alone in our office already have bought PS3s for Bluray as the most compelling reason, and I'm sure the same can be said for many home cinema buffs.

I doubt the same ppl would consider a 360 as a upscaling DVD player, thats old tech now (and mostly superfluous since hi spec LCDs and Plasmas do a good job of upscaling component 576 progressive signals from hi-fi dvd players)

That's my point. You can flaunt personal experience...but without some data to represent the whole, it's just speculation. Different areas have different consitencies. I know friends online where the 360 is more popular in one area, and the PS3 more popular in another, and we can't forget the Wii. Now, if there was some study that picked out say a 1000 people with PS3s randomly and asked each one why they purchased their PS3...then I'd be more willing to accept such speculation if the Blu-ray percentage was high.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus