By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'll never buy a game for my PS3

Gamer4eva said:
buy MGS4

It is quite possible I will just to have a quality title about for people coming round that want to see some HD gaming, but I'm not sure it is really a game I'd like (believe me I want it to be, I've watched all the videos for it).

Around the Network

It's not a waste of money - $399 is the cheapest price for a Blu-ray player.

There maybe alot of people like Mr Amarok who buy the ps3 for their home movie setup. Which is bad news for sony because they lose money on hardware sales and make money of game sales.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

lol posting on a game site that you aren't a gamer, ok there.

avs forums seem a place you might like.

Famine said:

Seems like a waste of money. You should have waited for cheaper Blu-ray players, and for the price of Blu-ray titles to drop.

Not to me. I just replaced my stolen 60GB with the MGS4 80GB version and I really only my decision since it is a blu ray player with media center capabilities. I got the MGS4 version since there are a bunch of PS2 games I want to play since I never actually owned a PS2. Otherwise I would of waited for the price to drop. there are several games on the PS3 that are on my check out list but nothing that will make me go OMG until they release RE5 and later FF XIII. GTA and MGS do not interest me...MGS4 actually put me to sleep and the Veerhoven like commercials in the front were Lame. I will probably trade that in for Ratchet or No More Heroes or RE:UC.

I can relate to the guy who posted this. Although I like the PSN store so far in my two consoles Blast Factor(though geometry wars on the 360 is better) was the most fun and the best part was that I didn't have to buy it again the store remembered that I had already bought it when I got my 60gb and I was able to download it again jsut by signing in!

Around the Network
EaglesEye379 said:
Cool. Heres a question:

How much does the new PSN Video Store affect you? Is it going to affect your Blu-Ray buying habits at all? Do you see yourself downloading videos that you would have instead bought a BR in the future?

Yeah, I've just read another poster points this out also but the PSN video store won't be in the UK yet, but I'm pretty sure it will be a thing of the future.

A friend of mine went into a high tech TV store recently to buy a TV, and asked about Bluray players, and was told "why would you want one of those?  the way forward is digital downloads".   While I don't agree with this in the short term, I am looking foward to the day I can pick and choose something to buy via an online menu, which I can then play from a menu also (without having to store/display a box and having to inject/eject physical media)

slimeattack said:
It's not a waste of money - $399 is the cheapest price for a Blu-ray player.

no it isnt

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

The_God_of_War said:
Seems an awful waste, but whatever.

I wasn't being literal with my no games title, just attempting to get my point across where my initial purchase decision came from.  Perhaps I should have said "I have a PS3 and no games, after 3 weeks", as that would have been closer to the truth.

mike_intellivision said:
I think the OP is on to something (though why someone would come to a gaming sales website join and post that is beyond me).

Isn't the PS3 the only Profile 2.0 compatible (or at least the cheapest) BR-DVD player out there right now?

Mike from Morgantown

I come to this website to check the 5 big sales numbers at the top of the homepage, and have done for as long as I can remember, and I'm sure others silently do also.  I just thought I'd post for a change, with a different subject for those bored of the usual.

I dont think people will start using it only as a hi def multi media system. I think of the ps3 in the opposite way as you a gaming system with blu ray as a bonus.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.