By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - what will you do after the microsoft 3-year warranty expires??

I've been thinking seeing as were almost one year into the warranty, meaning only two years left on the microsft warranty. I'm wondering what you will do if you encounter problems with your xbox 360 after the warranty expires would it be fair for microsoft to charge for repair, I thinkthat they should extent the warranty to the life of the console, seeing as the xbox 360 has a 25% failure rate, is this a 3-year warranty really enough??

No this is no fan boi post i own a 360 and ps3, just want to get your thoughts on this, thank you

Around the Network

25% failure rate? There will be some debate over that point

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Would nt the 3 year warranty start from the date of sale? so it could be more or less than on 2 years depending when people bought the console.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

I will keep playing my console, if I was worried about reliability I would have sold my PS3 by now.

Tease.

If you don't get the RRoD after three years, you won't be getting the RRoD. Other than that, it's your own damn fault.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Life will be over. What can I say?

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

this is my 5th console since launch(2 purchases, 3 exchanges)

i dont think microsoft offer a 3 year warranty its just the standard 12 month one in the uk.

if this goes i will never buy one again.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

thekitchensink said:
If you don't get the RRoD after three years, you won't be getting the RRoD. Other than that, it's your own damn fault.

Considering the console is not yet 3 years old, there is no data regarding RRoD failure rates after 3 years.

Skeeuk said:
this is my 5th console since launch(2 purchases, 3 exchanges)

i dont think microsoft offer a 3 year warranty its just the standard 12 month one in the uk.

if this goes i will never buy one again.

Was the same over here but then I found out that the game stores in fact have to give 2 years warranty...In fact the game stores may give you just 1 month warranty but if you demand 2 years they must gave you 2 years...Cant really tell that is the same in UK.

well ermm same thing will happen that happened with the ps2. i had to buy 3 ps2's due to the lazer burning out. 360 may possibly have same problems. if the console is worth it, people will keep buying another one or keep getting it fixed.