By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PSP 3000 Features Built-In Mic, Already In Production

I buy this rumor. The system seems to sell more as a multi-media device than game device anyway, so taking an iPod-like route in terms of remodels makes sense. If they give it the ability to load the games onto internal storage and only used the UMD to verify it's legit a-la the 360 then it'd probably get a boost in the western markets similar to Japan, as well. One of the biggest complaints against the PSP is the short battery life, and that would do wonders to rectify that problem. Also, it'd mean that a PSP2 may not be in the making.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network

They would be better off with another analog stick rather than a mic.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

I need more pictures than that to even begin contemplating whether or not this is true. The last remodel was last summer and the psp's sales have gone up because of it, especially in Japan. They don't need a remodel yet and by the time the time comes for another remodel they could release a psp2 (though I think they need a new name for it).

It looks fake IMO :? Still it would be cool IMO , but I do hope that they do add at least some built-in memory and maybe more internet navigation memory ( seeing that the current 32-64 RAM update didnt help that issue ) .

Also I wouldent expect a second analog nub in the current PSP models ... there are to many one analog enabled ( lol ) PSP games out already .

But whatever they decide Sony should know that they will have at least one purchase from me :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I want them to just skip to PSP 2 with storage and 2 analogue sticks

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:

Well seeing that hardware is up I wouldent think that they will do that anytime fast . Remember the price of the technology they use in the PSP is droping pretty damn fast , and more it drops , the more money they make ;)

Wait.. doesn't the current versions of the PSP have a mic? Swear mine does.

Okay perhaps those are mounting holes or something...

hunter_alien said:
Munkeh111 said:

Well seeing that hardware is up I wouldent think that they will do that anytime fast . Remember the price of the technology they use in the PSP is droping pretty damn fast , and more it drops , the more money they make ;)

Well they just need to find a way for SW to sell well on the platform

An updated hardware release boosted sales once... so maybe it could work again.

Unless they have a major price cut, or new model brewing - I don't see how Sony can hit their PSP fiscal forecasts for this year.

There is nothing stopping Nintendo from doing this as well (more updated models) - except that they really don't need to.

Maybe this would have extra anti-piracy features built-in...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
An updated hardware release boosted sales once... so maybe it could work again.

Unless they have a major price cut, or new model brewing - I don't see how Sony can hit their PSP fiscal forecasts for this year.

There is nothing stopping Nintendo from doing this as well (more updated models) - except that they really don't need to.

Maybe this would have extra anti-piracy features built-in...

Yeah , thats why I think the PSP might finally frop to 150$ this year or early next ... otherwise I could see it selling 13-14 but Im not shore if they can hit 15+ ...