By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption details (SPOILERS INSIDE)

eab said:
It's pretty crazy. I mean it's hard to imagine just how influential this game this game could be.

If the controls are spot on perfect, think of it's ramifications. 3rd parties would then use the engine, lots of good FPS come out, 360 might loose the title of best FPS console, and perhaps it may even cement a Wiimote-like controller as being a necessity (or at least a necessary accessory )in the future.

The whole "perfect controls" idea is why I don't mind if there's no multiplayer. If the controls are close enough to perfect that the game's considered amazing as is - without multiplayer - then within six months to a year, we'll be seeing a new game using the Corruption engine that will have online multiplayer.

Additionally, that may actually be the BETTER technique for bringing an end to the Halo/360 reign. MP3 would get the engine known and people would familiarize themselves with it, then devs would jump on using the engine and doing their own perfecting and tweaks on it.

Then, since everybody would already know that the engine is magnificent, the games made WITH that engine would all be massively hyped out, resulting in an enormous sell rate for them.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

My industry source says not only will MP3 have multiplayer, but they're planning massive in store tournaments in Gamestops across the country.

Witty signature here...

Wii: 14 million by January  I sold myself short

360: 13 million by January I sold microsoft short, but not as bad as Nintendo.

PS3: 6 million by January. If it approaches 8 mil i'll eat crow  Mnn Crow is yummy.

With these results, I've determined that I suck at long term predictions, and will not long term predict anything ever again. Thus spaketh Crono.

Interesting...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

thetonestarr said:
eab said:
It's pretty crazy. I mean it's hard to imagine just how influential this game this game could be.

If the controls are spot on perfect, think of it's ramifications. 3rd parties would then use the engine, lots of good FPS come out, 360 might loose the title of best FPS console, and perhaps it may even cement a Wiimote-like controller as being a necessity (or at least a necessary accessory )in the future.

The whole "perfect controls" idea is why I don't mind if there's no multiplayer. If the controls are close enough to perfect that the game's considered amazing as is - without multiplayer - then within six months to a year, we'll be seeing a new game using the Corruption engine that will have online multiplayer.

Additionally, that may actually be the BETTER technique for bringing an end to the Halo/360 reign. MP3 would get the engine known and people would familiarize themselves with it, then devs would jump on using the engine and doing their own perfecting and tweaks on it.

Then, since everybody would already know that the engine is magnificent, the games made WITH that engine would all be massively hyped out, resulting in an enormous sell rate for them.

hehe... ... U got one funny fantasie!

And @ crono: I hope thats true!!! ...

THE NETHERLANDS

I don't understand everybody here pushing the idea that MP3's engine will be good for other games.

Does Nintendo ever sell out an engine from any of its games? I've never heard of that...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Dunno if they have or not, but thats mostly because the engines are so specialized that they're only good for the game they're using it in.

One example is porting and updating the Zelda 64 engine (which is a heavily modified Mario 64 engine) to the GC for Dinosaur Planet. That was still technically within nintendo, but to a second party from first.

If the engine is good enough, I really don't see why they couldn't license it. It would mean more great games on Wii, especially shooters, which is practically what they designed the thing for.

Witty signature here...

Wii: 14 million by January  I sold myself short

360: 13 million by January I sold microsoft short, but not as bad as Nintendo.

PS3: 6 million by January. If it approaches 8 mil i'll eat crow  Mnn Crow is yummy.

With these results, I've determined that I suck at long term predictions, and will not long term predict anything ever again. Thus spaketh Crono.