By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption details (SPOILERS INSIDE)

It's pretty crazy. I mean it's hard to imagine just how influential this game this game could be.

If the controls are spot on perfect, think of it's ramifications. 3rd parties would then use the engine, lots of good FPS come out, 360 might loose the title of best FPS console, and perhaps it may even cement a Wiimote-like controller as being a necessity (or at least a necessary accessory )in the future.

Around the Network
eab said:
It's pretty crazy. I mean it's hard to imagine just how influential this game this game could be.

If the controls are spot on perfect, think of it's ramifications. 3rd parties would then use the engine, lots of good FPS come out, 360 might loose the title of best FPS console, and perhaps it may even cement a Wiimote-like controller as being a necessity (or at least a necessary accessory )in the future.

Kind of stretching it there... just a little...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Hope they don't put the last boss as bitch as in MP2. I am so frustrating that I think I will never see the ending of MP2.

Edit: BTW, I miss Ridley. It's the only missing thing in MP2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ridley always appear in every Metroid games except MP2.

shams - we knew at the time that all the press media got to play MP3 at the NMS, not really a stretch there. :P

I'm not sure why they waited til now to talk about it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
Deegan said:

Hope they don't put the last boss as bitch as in MP2. I am so frustrating that I think I will never see the ending of MP2.

Edit: BTW, I miss Ridley. It's the only missing thing in MP2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ridley always appear in every Metroid games except MP2.

You are wrong. He hasn't appeard in Metroid II: RoS and Metroid Prime Hunters (though in know most people don't count that as a 'proper' Metroid game). And with online multiplayer i know a lot of people are concerned over loosing single player quality if it was included, but the way i would do it would be to get the team that did MP:H and it's online because its online was very good, and dedicate them to all online related things, and leave Retro do do all the single player stuff. Then you would have the best of both.

Oooohh I can't wait for this game. I think a AAA solo player mode and a good multi-player would be significant. In fact if they want to make this the next best thing in FPS in requires online multi-player, not just better controls.

Good point, they should really just focus focus focus on the single gameplay and on the controls. Sell the engine to 3rd parties and let them make multi players with it

What about releasing a polished solo player game and then later perhaps releasing the mutilplayer on virtual console. That way for now they can concentrate on the solo mode and when its out they can take a little time working on the multiplayer and get that to perfection too

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

azzer100 said:

What about releasing a polished solo player game and then later perhaps releasing the mutilplayer on virtual console. That way for now they can concentrate on the solo mode and when its out they can take a little time working on the multiplayer and get that to perfection too

I like your thinking

OH, big 200 right here guys.