By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption details (SPOILERS INSIDE)

shams said:
Deegan said:

Metroid Prime 3 Update: http://gonintendo.com/?p=20137

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption details

Reader NDAninja has the most recent issue of Play, and inside they talk a good amount about Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. It appears they got to play it at Nintendo’s Media Summit.

Hmmm. Just thought I would point out the "Nintendo Media Summit" bit. Sound familiar to anyone?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=2423

Project Hammer canned/changed.... tick.

Got to play Metroid Prime at the NMS.... tick.

Now I'm just waiting for confirmation that Prime will have downloadable content/levels, Nintendo announce Vision Red ... see some vids, and I'll be happy :)

Exactly what I was thinking.

@DKII, I read that only select magazine journalists were allowed to play so that they would be able to put up the information in their July editions, hence, why it just  got released in the Play magazine.

Around the Network

Also, if they want to have Halo like sales-since some people claim that it will-, they NEED multiplayer. If it doesnt, then it should just be the best selling Metroid game in the series.

I wouldn't call any of those items spoilers really, but great info. Can't wait for this game.

Can't wait for this game, but I have two problem...return at my arts studies on august 21 and the release of Bioshock on the 21.

I know I will buy these two when they release... but shit, two great game ready to be played on my shelve, wich one will I play first ?

My game for Summer 07 that is Metroid...

or my curiosity for the strange shooter that is Bioshock ? Does my curiosity will be stronger than my love for the Prime series ????

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft

VonShigsy said:

btw, how was Halo revolutionary for FPS? Good yes, but it's not Doom,Quake or Goldeneye. 

Halo was revolutionary because the first game proved that consoles could produce good-looking, good-controlling FPS. The second was revolutionary because it proved that great online play was possible on a console.

Not groundbreaking stuff when you add in PC FPS games, but for the console world they were definitely revolutionary.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
Parokki said:
Looks very promising. I was worried the controls might work badly if they rushed the game, but they've had all the time in the world to polish it to perfection. Hopefully. =P

This is really the first "hardcore" first party game on the Wii, so a lot of people are watching this carefully. If it's awesome developers will know FPS works well on the Wii, but if not then they might be discouraged.

I'd consider Super Mario Strikers Charged to be the first "hardcore" game from first party, but I suppose it could depend on your definition of the term.  The Gamecube game was the hardest Mario game I've ever played as it pretty much required 4 people to play flawlessly together to beat the highest difficulty. 

rocketpig said:
VonShigsy said:

btw, how was Halo revolutionary for FPS? Good yes, but it's not Doom,Quake or Goldeneye.

Halo was revolutionary because the first game proved that consoles could produce good-looking, good-controlling FPS. The second was revolutionary because it proved that great online play was possible on a console.

Not groundbreaking stuff when you add in PC FPS games, but for the console world they were definitely revolutionary.

I dunno, I have always been iffy on the Halo being revoultionary thing.  It's not revolutionary, it's just very polished and complete.  It really didn't bring anything NEW to the table, it just implemented a lot of old things very capably.  So yeah, Halo is a great game, but not really revolutionary.  Goldeneye had amazing FPS controls on a console first, and plenty of PC shooters did a better job with online before it.  What it did was combine all the great things done in the past into one polished, balanced, and enjoyable game.

Good news about Metroid Prime 3 turns into questioning the Halo franchise. Thats a new one.

DonWii said:
Good news about Metroid Prime 3 turns into questioning the Halo franchise. Thats a new one.

Lol, sorry didn't mean to derail the topic so much.  It really started when people called it a "halo killer," which I have never understood the reasoning behind in the first place.  They aren't even the same genre (FPS vs FPA).  Yeah, if it did have amazing online multiplayer it would boost it's own sales but it's not going to take away from Halo.

More on topic, I can't wait for the game.  Already got my 50 bucks saved up and have it preordered.

And I am sorry, for I created a hypothetical situation where Metroid Prime 3 COULD be considered a halo killer.