By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3 To Reach 20 Million Sold by Jan 1st, 2009?

I think it will, or at least close to it.

Around the Network

Same thought here but Gears 2 is crazy and its coming I think in some time in November same as Resistance...

I don't see why it wouldn't... it should sell over that for a lot. At least 21 i'd say.

I m guessing 21 for PS3
and 24 for 360 ,,,so by the end of 08 I predict the gap between the 2 machines will be around 3 million(5.4 million right now).

then around the third quarter in 09 PS3 will reach the 360.they will meet at around 26.5-27 million .

tedsteriscool said:

Call me crazy, call me a fanboy

crazy fanboy

Around the Network

Pretty close - 20m, give or take 1-2m. Nothing unreasonable about this prediction. I had it pegged at around 18m end of year - but I think that is a little low now.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

ssj12 said:
Neos said:
ssj12 said:
22 million easy, it will pass or about match the 360.

that's a bold statement.

but no.

if the PS3 is at 22 mil and the 360 is at 26 mil wouldnt you call that close?

Considering the gap NOW is 5.5m - I don't see 4m as "that" much closer.

Considering that Sony aims for 10m shipped for the FISCAL year, I think its very unlikely it will sell almost 8m in the next 5 months. Probably do 2-2.5m next 3 months, leaving it around 16.5-17m at the start of November.

I don't think it will sell 5m (WW) in November/December - that is an average of 500k-550k per week - closer to 350k-400k.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

@NNN2004

lol I saw that one coming. It was only a matter of time...

ssj12 said:
Neos said:
ssj12 said:
22 million easy, it will pass or about match the 360.

that's a bold statement.

but no.

if the PS3 is at 22 mil and the 360 is at 26 mil wouldnt you call that close?

Like... 1.5 Million away is close.

PS3 sold around 5 and some change in the first half, I don't see how its not possible to sell 6-7mil in the 2nd half especially with big games and holiday sales. Like somebody said, PS3 sold 2.7 mil in December alone and this year's PS3 line up is muuuch better and more hype surrounding them which creates a buzz which can create more interest. I see it selling 20.5 - 21 mil and I think that that's on the safe side.

(Good to see that this thread hasn't gone all the crapper and is an actual discussion)