By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3 To Reach 20 Million Sold by Jan 1st, 2009?

I say they will be passed that by a small amount.... call me crazy if you want, but I stand by my signature!!!

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

it probably will pass that easily

A long time ago I predicted anywhere between 19-21 million in sales by the end of 2008... which then looked like an impossibility but now looks like an inevitability.

Yeah probably, i don't see how it can't get to 20 million unless it bombs in the holidays.

I wonder how much longer it will take before Sony can turn a profit with PS3. If they are able to afford a price drop (even as small as $50) before Christmas then 25 million isnt out of the question. One can dream...

Around the Network
Neos said:
ssj12 said:
22 million easy, it will pass or about match the 360.

that's a bold statement.

but no.

if the PS3 is at 22 mil and the 360 is at 26 mil wouldnt you call that close?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Yes it is close and it will reach 20 million...

Well considering the huge lineup that remains I'm guessing 20 to 25 mill! (It will eitehr be closly behind the 360 or pass it!)

That's a pretty fair guess there. If not, it'd be very, very close. Fingers crossed!

Also, with the Wii having a horrible lineup remaing (comapred to the ps3) all sony has to do is advertise LittleBiGPlanet like CRAZY and it will sway a lot of people to get it for their kids, and resistance 2 will get the adults and teens.

Who knows MAYBE the Ps3 will outsell the wii over christmas, this is a truely crazy statement but it is very possible.