By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS .. does anyone notice this ?

did kojima steal snake character from a movie ?! i dont know but i notice this

its in ( ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK ) movie ( 1981) .. Kurt Russell is the hero & his name is ( SNAKE ) ( PLISSKEN ) ... this is the first thing.

second thing .. in MGS2 after the first apperance of vamp when raiden & snake met .. raiden ask snake about his name and snake tell him ( call me PLISSKEN ) ??!! i remember that the same word was said at the end of the movie ?

and now in MGS4 this:

http://media.arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.media/ruliweb_mgs4_05.jpg" width="268" height="161">

???!!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON !

Around the Network

Yeah, they're the same character.. didn't you know? MGS was based on that movie.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I rember reading somewhere that the original Metal Gear games box art was a copy of a movie box art, If its the same film you might be onto something.

Cheebee said:

Yeah, they're the same character.. didn't you know? MGS was based on that movie.

but the stories is diffierent ?

Kojima was "inspired" by it, he has stated it in numerous interviews

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

Around the Network
viewtiful_jon said:
I rember reading somewhere that the original Metal Gear games box art was a copy of a movie box art, If its the same film you might be onto something.

The eyepatch thing is a coincidence. The Plissken thing was just a wink (because of Snake's name and gravelly voice). Kojima and co. love pulling this kind of stuff.

NNN2004 said:
Cheebee said:

but the stories is diffierent ?

Heh, sorry, I was kidding, they're really not the same, you're right. But I do remember reading an interview with Kojima years ago where he said that the MGS series was largely inspired by movies and how he liked to put little references to movies and other things in his games... So, this stuff might be some of that. ;)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Arcturus said:
viewtiful_jon said:

lol this is the first box art ? i think kojima is affected by the westren movies.

@Arcturus, no way that Metal Gear boxart is a copy. Snake's wearing gloves!! Kyle Reese -glove free!