By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If all consoles were priced at $250

delete this post please 

Around the Network

The whole argument boils down to this. *insert console here* is the best. Nothing you can say or do will ever convince me otherwise. I am presenting this hypothetical because the issue is already settled in my mind, therefor any argument presented I win. The end.

I posted this on another gaming forum site at the exact time as I posted this on here and I got a lot better reception on there with some good constructive responses and more answers i wanted to hear. I guess different forums are a lot different in regards to viewing and arguing things.

Rock_on_2008 said:

This is a completely hypothetical question with no practical real-world application.

1. PS3 80GB BC = $250

2. X360 Elite 120GB = $250

3. Nintendo Wii = $250

Two questions here:

Which console is the best buy?

Which console is the worst buy?

Can I play?

Ferrari $50,000

Porsche Carrera $50,000

BMW 520 $50,000

Three questions:

1. Which car is the best buy

2. Which is the worst

3.  How did Sony screw up so badly with the PS3 that Sony fanboys have no choice but to dream up a $250 console with the features of a $600 console to go up against the Wii. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Xen said:
Final-Fan said:
Sqrl said:
Xen said:

Sqrl said:

Final-Fan said:

noname2200 said:

In the case of that analogy, your logic is completely true... however there are more factors with console stuff, therefore it could apply there. With consoles - games available, experience required, experience delievered, family fun? people will decide on these factors, not just better or worse, like with video cards.

That's what the first part of my post was getting at, yes. And I fully realize that my analogy was imperfect (unlike graphics cards, game libraries are unique, not just improved versions of each other). I apologize for not being able to come up with something better this time. Still, I think we mostly understand one another on this issue.

Around the Network

When I saw this thread at first, I wanted to say something but FishyJoe and Noname said everything I had to say already.

This question is meaningless because you just made two consoles magically cheaper while keeping the third console at the same price without giving it anything in return. A good hypothetical question would : If PS3 cost only 250$ what features it would have and how well it would sell?

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

Xen said:
Final-Fan said:
Or simply "What if they were all free?"  That would REALLY tell you what people's pure preferences were.
People would just get all of them...

Not true.  I would, as would most gamers, but many would simply go with their favorite and not bother with the others.  Rock_on_2008, for instance, seems to almost literally worship Sony, and if they put out an advertisement in the free console universe saying "please don't get the others" I bet he would obey it. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Rock_on_2008 said:
I posted this on another gaming forum site at the exact time as I posted this on here and I got a lot better reception on there with some good constructive responses and more answers i wanted to hear. I guess different forums are a lot different in regards to viewing and arguing things.

Yeah, I think we all know what answers you wanted to hear.  Also, link please.

P.S.  This forum is pretty diverse and one of the best I've ever seen in terms of rational debate instead of flaming and follow-the-leader and minority viewpoint oppression.  So I doubt that "a lot different" is "a lot better".  Although I have to concede it's possible ... so please let me find out.  Link please. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

ps3 but then there won't be any ps4 because sony will have no money

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

noname2200 said:
Xen said:
Final-Fan said:
Sqrl said:
Xen said:

Sqrl said:

Final-Fan said:

noname2200 said:

In the case of that analogy, your logic is completely true... however there are more factors with console stuff, therefore it could apply there. With consoles - games available, experience required, experience delievered, family fun? people will decide on these factors, not just better or worse, like with video cards.

That's what the first part of my post was getting at, yes. And I fully realize that my analogy was imperfect (unlike graphics cards, game libraries are unique, not just improved versions of each other). I apologize for not being able to come up with something better this time. Still, I think we mostly understand one another on this issue.

Yeah, that we do.. I understand the logic and that's what matters... I tried to think of another analogy, but couldn't, it's not that easy+I'm tired, 12 am here and I've been busy all day, save for pauses for some games and VG.

Possum5454 said:
ps3 but then there won't be any ps4 because sony will have no money

If they will be successful this generation there will be a PS4. Don't forget that it's not their only money source.