By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario and Sonic sells about 10M copies!

RolStoppable said:
Erik Aston said:
Plus, MK Wii has ridiculously good sales. I still had to look and see that it was Rol to know it was sarcastic, though.

So anyways, even if "about 10M" means 9.1M, and there's 1M in stores... The Olympics boost and the holidays will push it up to 12M or more.

And who knows if the game will have legs beyond this year. Could it sell 15M?

I openly mocked someone for predicting 10M sales of this game back when people were laughing at SEGA for predicting 4M... Oops.

I think that it was shams who made this "ridiculous" prediction. But yes, M&S by far exceeded the expectations of everyone on this forum, except for shams.

PS - I am glad you liked my latest joke thread.

I think I may have said something like that. I remember people laughing at the 4m, and I was trying to break down the sales into "periods" and showing how each can sell a small quantity during each period, in each region (total sales could then be 4m).

It wouldn't be shocking to see total "sales" (not shipped) hit 10m this year - it may well be the top selling title in Australia during the Olympics. Also getting a lot of "catalog space" at the moment.

The 360/PS3 Olympics titles should also do well.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

September 2007:

shams said:

You have got to be joking...??

The Olympics don't even start until LATE 2008!!

Olympics branded games in the past have sold *extremely* well - leading up to, through, and after the Olympics were completed.

I think 4m for this is actually quite pessimistic. Consider that its hitting both the DS & Wii, will draw in both Sega & Nintendo fans - as well as the general public (thanks to the official Olympics license).

Nintendo are publishing this in Japan - and Sega in Europe/US (from memory).

I think (across both the DS & Wii), this will sell around 1m in Japan - by the end of '07. 1.2m in the US. And around 700k (maybe more?) in Europe.

That's 3m sales by the end of '07.

By the end of '08, I wouldn't be surprised to see total sales closer to 7m-8m. And its possible that it could do 10m (lifetime). Will wait and see...

That's one pretty awesome prediction :D

Well done!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

so..shams actually is the new johnlucas? =D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I sent ioi a private message about this week last week. He doesn't think Sega has shipped that many...

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

^so sega lied...

I am sure that will earn them a multimillion dollar lawsuite for intentionally misleading investors....

Truth is, if there are large quantities of sales missing I think it would be from the DS version. I have felt with all of the bundles it has been in (retailer) it would be closer to = with the Wii version, not to mention the 3x userbase.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Congratulations Sega, and M&S are undertracked!!!!