By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - E3 2008 Yahoo Top 10 Games

1. The games are better than ever.

If 2007 gave us the best holiday season ever, 2008 is destined to come in a close second. Despite a few blockbusters (we're looking at you, GTA IV) already taking up most of our valuable gaming time, hordes of long-awaited games are slated to tax your wallet in the coming months, and they were out in full glory at E3. Start pinching those pennies and check out ten of the best:

Gears of War 2 The sequel to the 2006 Xbox 360 action extravaganza seems destined to roadie-run past the competition on November 7 of this year.

Fallout 3 How good is Bethesda's enormous single-player role-playing romp? We'd brave nuclear radiation for another hour with it. Apocalypse now...or at least this holiday.

Rock Band 2 Talk about fixing what wasn't broken: the follow-up to MTV's rock n' roll epic takes the party online, tweaks the instruments and offers enough playable music to please even the most jaded rock snob.

Guitar Hero: World Tour Not so fast, shredder. There's another game ready to take the stage, and it comes loaded with features, including the ability to record and share your very own songs.

Prince of Persia Ubisoft's royal acrobat is getting a gorgeous facelift with a beautiful new art style and a massive, open-world to explore.

Spore Considering that the recently released Creature Creator actually knocked World of Warcraft from the top of the PC sales charts, imagine what the full game might do when it evolves this September.

Mirror's Edge Who said first-person games had to be shooters? This colorful gem from EA turns you into an athletic rooftop runner.

Dead Space In space, no one can hear you scream, especially no one on the creepy spaceship on which this violent, terrifying survival horror game takes place.

LittleBigPlanet Playing is good, but sharing is better. You'll be able to do both in Sony's charming platform game / art project this October.

Animal Crossing Wii Nintendo's adorable life simulator heads to the Wii in what could be the system's first legitimate online game.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/e3-2008/e3-2008-blogs/1227326

Around the Network

is yahoo on crack, where the hell is Resistance 2

segajon said:
is yahoo on crack, where the hell is Resistance 2

No clue.

glad Animal Crossing Wii is there

Get rid of Guitar Hero on there and replace it with Resistance and I am in complete agreement.

Around the Network

atleast Ac is there,but i think resistance 2 should of also been there

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

This list does not include Fable 2, 2008 RPG of the Year.

Fail.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

dead space on this list = fail.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Well, can't say I agree with this list.  The only games I am interested in (on the list) are LittleBigPlanet, Spore, Mirror's edge, and Prince of Persia.

I understand why R2 wasn't included perhaps due to the fact that is inferior to Gears and Fallout and it seems they want diversity and the best for each genre leaving R2 out.