By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best of E3 awards, Best of Show : X Play.

Stats87 said:
badgenome said:
I understand your enthusiasm for LBP, but is it really necessary to throw "bitch" in there? And at whom is that directed, anyway?

technically he said "B Dollars tch"

Touché.

Around the Network
deathcape said:
lol...in LBP you CANNOT create your own character....

as for how many options you have..we don't even KNOW yet...

LBP is interesting though...just not that special

in little big planet you can do limitless things to your charater, you can even take a picture of your self with the ps eye, and stick it to your charater's face or shirt,

im sorry but if thats not special i really dont know what can be special for you

evilman279 said:
deathcape said:

in little big planet you can do limitless things to your charater, you can even take a picture of your self with the ps eye, and stick it to your charater's face or shirt,

im sorry but if thats not special i really dont know what can be special for you

You can do that same thing with a number of PC games.

It looks fun, and it's a game i'll get. But people really overhype LBP likely due to ignorance of the games that have came before it.

Media Molecule didn't just grab an idea out of thin air. They are just improving on a model that came before it.

Spore however actually is revolutionary.

Kasz216 said:
evilman279 said:
Kasz216 said:
evilman279 said:
Kasz216 said:
evilman279 said:
Kasz216 said:
evilman279 said:
Kasz216 said:
evilman279 said:
shio said:
Is that even the official E3 Awards? I'm surprised they didn't even mention Spore.

Spore >>> LBP

im sorry, but in spore all you get to do is create your monster thats it. in LBP you create THE ENTIRE GAME, you create the level, boss fights, enemies, your own character. im sure spore has lots and lots of possibilites, but little big planet is litmit less, that game is never ending, and the innovation in that game is absolutely amazing, i wouldnt be surprised if it got game of the year, there is nothing like it, it completely created its own genre and nothing even gets close, that game user created content to the MAX.

Actually there are plenty of games like LBP on the computer.

you sure? name me those games. dont name games that you can mod. give me a game that you can make that entire game as you wish

For one.

http://www.clickteam.com/eng/tgf2.php

It lets you do a LOT more then LBP does actually. You can make a lot more then just basic platformers.

awesome, now, can you show me a game that runs at 720p and upscaled to 1080p and you can do the same thing, plus in LBP you can create you own story line

You can create your own story in that too... so... now your whole arguement for why it's amazing and innovative is "It's in 720P!"

Well Spore is way more innovative then just being in 720P so... arguement over?

no, is not over, because in LBP you can make the game a racer, a shooter, YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN STORY LINE. NOW SHOW ME A GAME THAT WAS USED AS A POWERPOINT PRESENTATION FOR THEIR E3 CONFERENCE

You could do all that with the game i showed you.... hell i've used Tiny Toons Cartoon Creator for a power point presentation.

You can make your own storyline in that game... i've done it... multiple times with one of it's predaccessors.

ok kool, now the problem with spore is, you are limited to creature creation, with LBP you literally turn it into your own game, you can make it a platformer, a racer, a shooter. can you do that with spore? i dont think so. honestly dude i think that if LBP were for the wii you would be jumping and screaming right now.

1. You aren't limited to creature creation, infact you create way more then that.

2. It's not the creation that makes it innovative. It's HOW it's created using procedural generation. LBP is archaic in comparison in it's creation methods which are basic building block methods.

3. Spore isn't at it's base a game creating game. The procedural creation is part of what makes it innovative, as is the fact that unlike LBP it actually has created it's own little genre of game because it incoporates many types of gameplay style.

Procedural character generation beats out 720P in terms of innovation.

ok then, if spore is not mainly about creating, then why say its better than LBP is you cant compare them. thats like saying gears of war two is better than mario

evilman279 said:
deathcape said:

look at Spore or Portal..those are really special games

LBP? lol..can't create your character ....changing it..or customizing it is not creating it

as for the levels..the way I saw it..it has a very limited amount of options you can use....just main building block really.

it would be special if you could CREATE every single obstacle you wanted..... get me?

Around the Network

I love the idea of LBP and will buy it day one...but I don't think it is the godly revolution some people in this topic are making it out to be. I mean Kazs has eloquently explained why it's cool, but not extraordinary, and it's met with "IOT"S AWRESOME!! IT CANB E ANYTIN YOU WANT IT TO BE EVEN SEX". LPB is cool, but it really is just something that's been done plenty of times before, just more accessible and well marketed.

And realistically speaking, spore is going to be a much bigger gaming event than LBP. Spore will be the new Sims (which has sold more than you can count on your hands AND feet, and has a gigantic following and culture dedicated to it). LBP will be a cool PS3 game.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

evilman279 said:
Kasz216 said:
evilman279 said:
Kasz216 said:
evilman279 said:
Kasz216 said:
evilman279 said:
Kasz216 said:
evilman279 said:
Kasz216 said:
evilman279 said:
shio said:
Is that even the official E3 Awards? I'm surprised they didn't even mention Spore.

Spore >>> LBP

im sorry, but in spore all you get to do is create your monster thats it. in LBP you create THE ENTIRE GAME, you create the level, boss fights, enemies, your own character. im sure spore has lots and lots of possibilites, but little big planet is litmit less, that game is never ending, and the innovation in that game is absolutely amazing, i wouldnt be surprised if it got game of the year, there is nothing like it, it completely created its own genre and nothing even gets close, that game user created content to the MAX.

Actually there are plenty of games like LBP on the computer.

you sure? name me those games. dont name games that you can mod. give me a game that you can make that entire game as you wish

For one.

http://www.clickteam.com/eng/tgf2.php

It lets you do a LOT more then LBP does actually. You can make a lot more then just basic platformers.

awesome, now, can you show me a game that runs at 720p and upscaled to 1080p and you can do the same thing, plus in LBP you can create you own story line

You can create your own story in that too... so... now your whole arguement for why it's amazing and innovative is "It's in 720P!"

Well Spore is way more innovative then just being in 720P so... arguement over?

no, is not over, because in LBP you can make the game a racer, a shooter, YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN STORY LINE. NOW SHOW ME A GAME THAT WAS USED AS A POWERPOINT PRESENTATION FOR THEIR E3 CONFERENCE

You could do all that with the game i showed you.... hell i've used Tiny Toons Cartoon Creator for a power point presentation.

You can make your own storyline in that game... i've done it... multiple times with one of it's predaccessors.

ok kool, now the problem with spore is, you are limited to creature creation, with LBP you literally turn it into your own game, you can make it a platformer, a racer, a shooter. can you do that with spore? i dont think so. honestly dude i think that if LBP were for the wii you would be jumping and screaming right now.

1. You aren't limited to creature creation, infact you create way more then that.

2. It's not the creation that makes it innovative. It's HOW it's created using procedural generation. LBP is archaic in comparison in it's creation methods which are basic building block methods.

3. Spore isn't at it's base a game creating game. The procedural creation is part of what makes it innovative, as is the fact that unlike LBP it actually has created it's own little genre of game because it incoporates many types of gameplay style.

Procedural character generation beats out 720P in terms of innovation.

ok then, if spore is not mainly about creating, then why say its better than LBP is you cant compare them. thats like saying gears of war two is better than mario

I said more innovative. Though as for why it would be better? Because content creation isn't the center of the game. Games where content creation is the center of the game hardly ever work.

While spore takes your character creation and molds it around other peoples character creations. The game is about the game more so then character creation.

It handles character creations and shapes it rather then it just being out their randomly.

That and since both games heavily involve user created content.  Spore is eaisly going to have the bigger following... which actually matters in user generated content games.

deathcape said:
evilman279 said:
deathcape said:

look at Spore or Portal..those are really special games

LBP? lol..can't create your character ....changing it..or customizing it is not creating it

as for the levels..the way I saw it..it has a very limited amount of options you can use....just main building block really.

it would be special if you could CREATE every single obstacle you wanted..... get me?

yes i undertand what you are saying, but, like you said, they give you the basic building tools and blocks, its up to the user to be creative and combine the tools to create something completely amazing

It's two different games folks, and frankly they'll both be great.

btw, LBP was the only fun i had watching the Sony press conference. It's that Good.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
The_vagabond7 said:
I love the idea of LBP and will buy it day one...but I don't think it is the godly revolution some people in this topic are making it out to be. I mean Kazs has eloquently explained why it's cool, but not extraordinary, and it's met with "IOT"S AWRESOME!! IT CAN BE ANYTIN YOU WANT IT TO BE EVEN SEX". LPB is cool, but it really is just something that's been done plenty of times before, just more accessible and well marketed.

And realistically speaking, spore is going to be a much bigger gaming event than LBP. Spore will be the new Sims (which has sold more than you can count on your hands AND feet, and has a gigantic following and culture dedicated to it). LBP will be a cool PS3 game.

yes...thank you...this is what I think about this game exacty...LBP looks cool...really fun, but

Spore will be Bigger...and Spore is actually revolutionary...unlike LBP