By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best of E3 awards, Best of Show : X Play.

shio said:
Is that even the official E3 Awards? I'm surprised they didn't even mention Spore.

Spore >>> LBP

im sorry, but in spore all you get to do is create your monster thats it. in LBP you create THE ENTIRE GAME, you create the level, boss fights, enemies, your own character. im sure spore has lots and lots of possibilites, but little big planet is litmit less, that game is never ending, and the innovation in that game is absolutely amazing, i wouldnt be surprised if it got game of the year, there is nothing like it, it completely created its own genre and nothing even gets close, that game user created content to the MAX.

Around the Network
evilman279 said:
shio said:
Is that even the official E3 Awards? I'm surprised they didn't even mention Spore.

Spore >>> LBP

im sorry, but in spore all you get to do is create your monster thats it. in LBP you create THE ENTIRE GAME, you create the level, boss fights, enemies, your own character. im sure spore has lots and lots of possibilites, but little big planet is litmit less, that game is never ending, and the innovation in that game is absolutely amazing, i wouldnt be surprised if it got game of the year, there is nothing like it, it completely created its own genre and nothing even gets close, that game user created content to the MAX.

?????????? You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Creating creatures is just 1% of Spore. Seriously, get informed, you're just passing yourself as an ignorant.

shio said:
evilman279 said:
shio said:

Spore >>> LBP

?????????? You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Creating creatures is just 1% of Spore. Seriously, get informed, you're just passing yourself as an ignorant.

well i told you why im sure LBP is better, but go ahead and tell me why you think spore is better, tell me why its a better game

Spore is a huge game, and has a chance of being the game of the year. It has potential to be a phenomenon.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
evilman279 said:
shio said:

Spore >>> LBP

Actually there are plenty of games like LBP on the computer... there are plenty of games that let you make your own paltform game. The only big things about LBP is that it lets you trade levels easier and dumbed down enough for consoles.

Spore is at least a dozen times more innovative and important to the industry as a whole because it's an expierent in procedural gaming.

Spore, Borderlands and Left 4 Dead.  Those games are the future of gaming.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
evilman279 said:
shio said:

Spore >>> LBP

Actually there are plenty of games like LBP on the computer.

you sure? name me those games. dont name games that you can mod. give me a game that you can make that entire game as you wish

evilman279 said:
Kasz216 said:
evilman279 said:
shio said:

Spore >>> LBP

you sure? name me those games. dont name games that you can mod. give me a game that you can make that entire game as you wish

For one.

http://www.clickteam.com/eng/tgf2.php

It lets you do a LOT more then LBP does actually. You can make a lot more then just basic platformers.  Also... how is modding any different anyway?  I wasn't counting modding but i can't consider why it wouldn't count.

Kasz216 said:
evilman279 said:
Kasz216 said:
evilman279 said:
shio said:

Spore >>> LBP

For one.

It lets you do a LOT more then LBP does actually.  You can make a lot more then just basic platformers.

awesome, now, can you show me a game that runs at 720p and upscaled to 1080p and you can do the same thing, plus in LBP you can create you own story line

badgenome said:
I understand your enthusiasm for LBP, but is it really necessary to throw "bitch" in there? And at whom is that directed, anyway?

technically he said "B Dollars tch"

evilman279 said:
Kasz216 said:
evilman279 said:
Kasz216 said:
evilman279 said:
shio said:

Spore >>> LBP

For one.

It lets you do a LOT more then LBP does actually. You can make a lot more then just basic platformers.

awesome, now, can you show me a game that runs at 720p and upscaled to 1080p and you can do the same thing, plus in LBP you can create you own story line

You can create your own story in that too... so... now your whole arguement for why it's amazing and innovative is "It's in 720P!"

Well Spore is way more innovative then just being in 720P so... arguement over?

Though to be fair LBP also does have a more sophisticated physics engine.  Though that's more of a basic evolution then revolution.