By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Conduit sales prediction

kirby007 said:
Riachu said:
kirby007 said:
Riachu said:
DTG said:
LOL, it'll be lucky to break 500 k in its lifetime.

FAIL. Haze would be lucky to break 500K lifetime and that is because it sucked. The Conduit has a lot of hype and the quality so far seems to be there.

we will see, but i'm with DTG on this one

The Conduit is going to sell great because:

1.it has a lot of hype

2.there are few, if any, competitors for shooters on the Wii

3.the game is looking great

1. it's totally new

2. shooters tend too underperform on the wii

3. why should wii owners care? a normal xbox360 or ps3 game looks better

You should never ever compare a Wii games graphics to the graphics of a normal PS3/360 game.  You should compare the graphics of this game to other games on the Wii.  And of course Metal of Honor underperformed, the MoH is already played out especially since it still used the tiring WWII setting unlike CoD4

Around the Network
Riachu said:
kirby007 said:
Riachu said:
kirby007 said:
Riachu said:
DTG said:
LOL, it'll be lucky to break 500 k in its lifetime.

FAIL. Haze would be lucky to break 500K lifetime and that is because it sucked. The Conduit has a lot of hype and the quality so far seems to be there.

we will see, but i'm with DTG on this one

The Conduit is going to sell great because:

1.it has a lot of hype

2.there are few, if any, competitors for shooters on the Wii

3.the game is looking great

1. it's totally new

2. shooters tend too underperform on the wii

You should never ever compare a Wii games graphics to the graphics of a normal PS3/360 game.  You should compare the graphics of this game to other games on the Wii.  And of course Metal of Honor underperformed, the MoH is already played out especially since it still used the tiring WWII setting unlike CoD4

why not? i expect people who will buy or not buy the conduit are core gamers

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

Why should Wii owners care if a normal 360 or PS3 game looks better? XD It's about a Wii game on Wii. 

If you're gonna be like that, you might a s well ask why 360/PS3 owners would care about ANY First Person Shooters on their consoles; a normal Wii FPS controls better. XD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

It'll barely break a million worldwide, but that's just me being pessimistic.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

if MOH:H2 (a game that wasnt hyped or had lots of advertising) was able to get 200k in the us alone i think the conduit will do way better

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
I bet it will do really sad like 400k ww max

Me too

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Properly advertised it could sell 500k week one and around 2-3 millions lifetime...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Oyvoyvoyv said:
I predict lifetime sales to fall short of 500K copies.

I mean, what most people will look at this as, is Metroid Prime, without Samus, not made by Nintendo.

Call me a sissie, but after Metroid Prime I didn't really want to play that series again. I mean it was great, but a little too hardcore for my taste. I mean at a sudden moment I spend a full hour just backtracking. The game is just too friggin hard.

A FPS like the Conduit has a much bigger potential audience, because it's easier.

BengaBenga said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
I predict lifetime sales to fall short of 500K copies.

I mean, what most people will look at this as, is Metroid Prime, without Samus, not made by Nintendo.

Call me a sissie, but after Metroid Prime I didn't really want to play that series again. I mean it was great, but a little too hardcore for my taste. I mean at a sudden moment I spend a full hour just backtracking. The game is just too friggin hard.

A FPS like the Conduit has a much bigger potential audience, because it's easier.

Yes, that is very true.  FPS are more accessible than First person adventure games since FPSs for the most part are linear in terms of level design

It won't get close to a million first week. It will sell like crap in Japan obviously, and it's hype isn't outside of the internet - I'd predict 350k first week.