By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PD0 > Haze Irony!

I played both and both are incredibly flawed but Haze is far worse! Arnt these guys the one that made Golden eye and the original Perfect Dark? Ironic!

Around the Network

I wouldn't call it ironic ... My take on it is this:

Free Radical is a really good developer who underestimated the time and budget required to develop a high-quality PS3 game, ran into trouble with their second-rate publisher (Ubisoft) and were forced to release the game as soon as enough content was complete to call it done.

Yes but the original Perfect Dark is better than everything they've done as Free Radical.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

haze wasnt all bad, i played through it and i enjoyed it for the most part, there were a few things that seemed to be blatently ignored... not enough random comments from your team mates... which led to them repeatedly saying the same thing many many times.. honestly i wanted to kill them before the level was over lol. another thing would be the strange silent parts in the game... when you get on a chopper and they are all talking and having a good time.. then .... nothing.... nothing... then the conversation picks back up.. why the long pause? dont know.. but didnt seem too critical. one of the most irritating points that i found was the low res detail when someone gets about 10 ft away their pack turns to a big sphere on the guys back. .. closer than 10 ft and its a smooth convex with decent detail.. but as soon as they hit that 10 ft mark bam!!! big ball on their back. other than those 3 things i really didnt have any problem with the game. the story was constantly unraveling, action was always around the next corner. oh one last thing they didnt give me enough reason to hate the people i was killing, no real reason for doing anything. but aside form those things.. good game.

I don't know how bad Haze is, but PD0 was pretty terrible.

*wanders around with no enemies in sight*

*loud sounds begin*

Me: WTF?

Intercom: "Jo, you've been spotted!"

*gets shot at out of nowhere*

*dies*

[Repeat ad nauseam until state of throw-controller-against-the-wall-in-frustration-ness is reached]

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

Also, Second Sight was REALLY good, and the Timesplitters games are well worth playing, too. Free Radical still has talent, but not when there's a publisher breathing down their necks.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

haze was a little bit of a disapointment, but it made me play till the end. and was half decent. its worth picking up for a playthrough if you can find it cheap.

PD0 on the other hand i thought to be crap, i got past the boss battle on that snow level and gave up it was rubbish.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I ended PD0 and I can't really remember much about it other than the first few boards. It wasn't all bad on multiplayer though!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I don't know, when my room mate and I played Perfect Dark Zero.... It was a rather terrible experience.

I think Perfect Dark Zero was at the same level as Haze. You didn't get lost as much in Haze, but Perfect Dark Zero has more interesting weapons and secondary fire modes. Haze also presented everything through the game, where you had to have LONG lulls between gameplay so the game can actually try and tell you what's going on.

I thought PD0 was a very solid, fun game. Very flawed, and not that memorable, but fun nonetheless. Its' multiplayer kept me going for a few months after the 360 came out.

Haze I can't comment about, but PD0 scored in the 80's and 90's, so that means something...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."