By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - This cant be right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I take offense. I hacked my PSP but I only use it to Pirate Nintendo games.

This really isnt big news in so much as that the PS3 just moves software and the PSP not so much.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
akuma587 said:
Software units, yo.

still, its kinda weird that ps3 software>psp

Not really.  PSP hardware wouldn't sell if you couldn't pirate it and ues it for other stuff. 

Very few people would buy PSPs if all you could do is play legally bought games for it.

Pristine20 said:
grimygunz said:
Pristine20 said:
akuma587 said:
Software units, yo.

Not odd at all considering how many peg-leged psp owners there are getting everything for free. Pirates are really strong on the PSP front.

Now that I think about it, I know a psp owner with 50+ pirated games lol. The 360 is actually pretty easy to pirate as well, but it still holds its own.

That's because 360 games have a better perceived value. As economic theory goes. People WANT to pay for stuff legally and only pirate when things seem overpirced to them.

Most PSP games are like inferior PS2 games. What's that worth? $20 at most if you really like it?  While an HD game is an HD game.  60 dollars is the expected price.

That and even if you were one of the few sociopaths who would perfer to pirate even if you would pay for it normally, it's easier to download a firmware or whatever you do for the PSP then the 360... which I think involves soddering right? Or was that just the first Xbox.

It was expected ... on the software front the PS3 is beating the PSP outside of Japan ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Kasz216 said:
Pristine20 said:
akuma587 said:
Software units, yo.

Not really.  PSP hardware wouldn't sell if you couldn't pirate it and ues it for other stuff. 

Very few people would buy PSPs if all you could do is play legally bought games for it.

its not only pirating, i own a psp for nearly 3 years now and have not a single pirated game but still only have 5-6 games for it. i only use it for mobile gaming and nearly never when i'm at home so a game usually keeps me busy a lot longer than on a home console or on my pc.

Around the Network

it's yearly software shipments

in total the PSP has sold far more software than the PS3 till date, but last year more PS3 software was shipped - it's not that hard to understand

Pristine20 said:
grimygunz said:
Pristine20 said:
akuma587 said:
Software units, yo.

Not odd at all considering how many peg-leged psp owners there are getting everything for free. Pirates are really strong on the PSP front.

Now that I think about it, I know a psp owner with 50+ pirated games lol. The 360 is actually pretty easy to pirate as well, but it still holds its own.

Wow.. Sounds like the man I know who sells frickin PSP games by uploading it directly to you... Together with that he bricks the damn thing together with it... F***ing pirates.. although.. m33 is so useful for playing PSX games. :P