By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - This cant be right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worldwide hardware unit sales (increase/decrease year-on-year ):

PS2: 13.73 million units (a decrease of 0.98 million units)
PSP: 13.89 million units (an increase of 4.36 million units)
PS3: 9.24 million units (an increase of 5.63 million units)

Worldwide software unit sales (increase/decrease year-on-year ):

PS2: 154.0 million units (a decrease of 39.5 million units)
PSP: 55.5 million units (an increase of 0.8 million units)
PS3: 57.9 million units (an increase of 44.6 million units)

source below

http://kotaku.com/5018917/console-war-has-changed-ps2-declines-in-old-age

PS3 has 57.9 million units already??? Am I reading this wrong???

PSP has 55.5?/??

Around the Network

Software units, yo.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

That PS2 pic is awesome!!!

MGS4 gave PS2 the FoxDie.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

akuma587 said:
Software units, yo.

still, its kinda weird that ps3 software>psp

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

software, lol hope this didnt get your hopes up that the ps3 was selling that well

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
akuma587 said:
Software units, yo.

Not odd at all considering how many peg-leged psp owners there are getting everything for free. Pirates are really strong on the PSP front.

Yeah, the PS3 consistently sells more software week to week than the PSP, so it's not crazy to think that the PS3 sold more software last year than the PSP.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

grimygunz said:
Pristine20 said:
akuma587 said:
Software units, yo.

Not odd at all considering how many peg-leged psp owners there are getting everything for free. Pirates are really strong on the PSP front.

Now that I think about it, I know a psp owner with 50+ pirated games lol. The 360 is actually pretty easy to pirate as well, but it still holds its own.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

ok so that makes sense :) and no I didn't get my hope up, I just thought it was impossible.

grimygunz said:
Pristine20 said:
akuma587 said:
Software units, yo.

Good grief, that made me crack up.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz