By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo going to have Spaceworld or something later this year?

I only ask because surely - surely!! - they aren't expecting to get by on the crap they've pulled out at E3.  Going through the news about their announcements I kept looking for the good stuff...and kept looking...and look, here's the end.  Wow.

- no Wii storage solution

- no Kid Icarus

- no exciting first-party DS games

- big Wii game = Animal Crossing?

- no big WiiWare announcements

I mean, just not much of anything to be excited about, at all.  Except Pikmin 3 sort of being announced (maybe we'll see it in 2010).  What an utter joke.  If you don't have your own private show and show your real good stuff in development, Nintendo, you're killing your fans here.  It doesn't help when your PR people tell us to keep playing the games already released and try Animal Crossing and Wii Music.  As a Wii owner and long-time Nintendo fan I'm deeply dissappointed.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network

I hope, and I think we will see pikmin 3 much sooner than 2010. When miyamoto was asked about core games, he probably mentioned the one closest to being done(pikmin 3).

I hope we don't see pikmin before that...it would halt their work on the new Mario and Zelda

(not to mention the unannounced titles)

you people are getting paranoid....

me too that would be awsome, maybe around September.

deathcape said:
I hope we don't see pikmin before that...it would halt their work on the new Mario and Zelda

(not to mention the unannounced titles)

you people are getting paranoid....

Why would it do that? Pikmin is made by a different team.(I'm pretty sure). Also I would rather another pikmin before mario, because we already have galaxy.

Around the Network

I hope so too....

Spaceworld would be too expensive, I would expect something similar to last year which would mean that they would have a private conference mid-August to demonstrate games for the rest of 2008, and then they would have another private-conference in October to show off games for early 2009.

HappySqurriel said:

Spaceworld would be too expensive, I would expect something similar to last year which would mean that they would have a private conference mid-August to demonstrate games for the rest of 2008, and then they would have another private-conference in October to show off games for early 2009.

Exactly. I'm hoping for another 10/10 like last year.

Im still a fan of the Wii but after the conference I dont have high hopes on Nintendo anymore.

The conference was the nail in the coffin that Nintendo abandon core gamers, SURE... Pikmin 3 announced but if not because for the interviewer ask the question.

There are still core games comes out on the Wii we knew this already, but it doesnt mean that Nintendo's main focus are the core gamers. Just accept it, Nintendo is going casual they cant turn back they've done the core thing with the GC, and look at what happened.

This is Nintendo's payback for core gamers that abandon them during the N64 and the GC era for the Playstation.

There'll be no spaceworld I dont even knew spaceworld till now, some member here that spaceworld done a long time ago during the GC era right?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
Im still a fan of the Wii but after the conference I dont have high hopes on Nintendo anymore.

The conference was the nail in the coffin that Nintendo abandon core gamers, SURE... Pikmin 3 announced but if not because for the interviewer ask the question.

There are still core games comes out on the Wii we knew this already, but it doesnt mean that Nintendo's main focus are the core gamers. Just accept it, Nintendo is going casual they cant turn back they've done the core thing with the GC, and look at what happened.

This is Nintendo's payback for core gamers that abandon them during the N64 and the GC era for the Playstation.

There'll be no spaceworld I dont even knew spaceworld till now, some meber here that spaceworld done a long time ago during the GC era right?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=33978

That is why there weren't any core games. ALso they basically confirmed Kid Icarus, SMG2, the Next Zelda, and I'm pretty sure many other franchises. Nintendo DIDN"T abandon the core gamers.