By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo going to have Spaceworld or something later this year?

I wonder when Pikmin 3 will actually see the light of day. My guess is mid-to-late 2009. Maybe early 2009 if Wii owners get lucky.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Nice interview I read all of it BTW...

But still spaceworld is still unlikely, since Nintendo have nothing to show that we never knew about. Unless they'll show Pikmin 3 but Miyamoto says himself its still work in progresss...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

im sure they will. and frankly im tried worrying about what they're going to do. the'll announe everything when the time is right.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

akuma587 said:
I wonder when Pikmin 3 will actually see the light of day. My guess is mid-to-late 2009. Maybe early 2009 if Wii owners get lucky.

You mean release? or screens/video. I could see it early 2009. Especially spikmin 2 game out 3 years after pikmin 1. Now I;m pretty sure miyamoto wouldn't say they were making pikmin unless it was far in developement. Especially since what Iwata said about  not announcing games unless they are few months from release. And I'm guessing from the hints miyamoto gave a few years back about pikmin being on the wii that the game has been at least in developement for a year. So early 2009 doesn't sound bad at all. Especially since there was a 3 year break between pikmin 1 and 2, and I'm guessing if they started devlopment about a year or two after pikmin 2s release we could see it sometime early 2009. Maybe even this holiday.

I'm sick of all this "Nintendo abandoned the core gamers" talk.

Like IGN said, it's not like they showed 10 casual titles on the conference! That would have been closer to abandoning the core gamers.
They showed next to nothing. 3 games, 2 being very casual oriented and one being kind of something "in between" (Animal Crossing).

They OBVIOUSLY have something more in the works than just those three titles, wouldn't you agree?
Plus, they have already released a lot more "core" games than they did casuals. There have been only three purely casual games so far. It's not like you make it seem.

So, yeah the conference sucked. But no, it doesn't mean anything else besides just that.

Around the Network

Honestly, you'd have thought some of the hysteria would have died down by now, but here we are. I really don't understand how people can get some worked up about this. Their conference sucked for some people. Build a bridge and get over it. All these people wailing about Nintendo need to toughen up. If you're a fan you'll trust their judgement and stick by them, if not, well that's your decision. Either way stop being so melodramatic and get over it.

I HOPE!! *hopes*

Nobody's being melodramatic. I'm just saying I hope they have something else up their sleeve, because there was jack shit shown at the conference.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)