By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Guitar Hero IV to work with Rock Band instruments for 360

According to report from X3F, Guitar Hero IV (World Tour) will work with Rock Band drum and guitar for Xbox 360 at least.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/17/rock-band-controllers-to-work-with-guitar-hero-world-tour/

So they saw that they can't compete with Rock Band 2, decided at least they could sell stand alone game to Rock Band owner.  Smart move on their part because I would not touch IV unless it work with plastic instruments I already have.

Around the Network
mysticD said:

According to report from X3F, Guitar Hero IV (World Tour) will work with Rock Band drum and guitar for Xbox 360 at least.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/17/rock-band-controllers-to-work-with-guitar-hero-world-tour/

So they saw that they can't compete with Rock Band 2, decided at least they could sell stand alone game to Rock Band owner. Smart move on their part because I would not touch IV unless it work with plastic instruments I already have.

Saw that they can't compete?  How about saving the consumers some money and not forcing them to buy a 270 set again to play their game?  You think activision is so stupid that they don't realize they'll get extra sales just from making the game compatible with Rock Band instruments? 

Harmonix will make sure the same thing happens on their end if they know what's good for them and you can bet Guitar Hero IV will end up selling substantially more than Rock Band once again regardless of the quality you think Rock Band 2 has over GH IV.  Saying they can't compete is a joke.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

I assume you prefer Guitar Hero IV to Rock Band. I don't know after watching E3 and seeing what Guitar Hero has line up compare that to Rock Band 2 it was clear which one got better reception.

May be they can't compete is a bit strong but consider in the past they were so gung-ho about making sure their instruments do not work with Rock Band (or vice versa) I find the about face very interesting. As for what you are saying about Activision, last year they didn't seems to care about extra sales or saving consumer money. They actually stop PS3 guitar from working with Rock Band PS3 version. Also having their DLC (what little they have release so far), not compatible with their new games doesn't seem to be very consumer friendly.

I used to be very pro-Guitar Hero but after I got Rock Band, I never touch Guitar Hero 3 again.

I was expecing this, force you to buy another 200+ kit of instrument is just a really bad joke.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

does the same company make both games?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I don't prefer Guitar hero to Rock band. I've been playing Rock Band more lately and the only DLC I've ever bought is for RockBand, the point is I'm not biased about them when I discuss them. Even if I hated Guitar Hero I would never say they can't compete.

The problem with people is if they find something they like a little more they start saying they'll never play ____ again. That's pretty stupid because let's analyze what Guitar Hero 3 does, it let's you play songs on a fake guitar just like Rock Band. You obviously bought it to just play the songs on guitar and that's exactly what you got. Now you have the option to buy Guitar Hero IV and play songs with fake drums and and fake guitars. Both games are going to deliver what they promise and there's really no reason not to buy both games since the only reason you are getting either of them is to play more songs you never have before.

Also, Activision just layed down a pretty hard dick slapping to EA today by announcing Jimi Hendrix will have multiple songs with GH IV. http://kotaku.com/5026533/jimi-hendrix-confirmed-for-guitar-hero

this doesnt sound legal

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Well, with this news from Activision, I am sure going to pick up Guitar Hero IV. They also have very nice track selections.

Well your comment that Activision is pro-consumer is probably about as lame to me as my comment that Guitar Hero IV can't compete to you so let say we disagree on that point. I am not here to pick fight with you.

However, I have lost much faith in Activision and Guitar Hero. You can check my tag and see that I didn't touch GH III at all after I got Rock Band. I prefer Rock Band game play, presentation, DLC and set-list over GHIII.

mysticD said:

Well, with this news from Activision, I am sure going to pick up Guitar Hero IV. They also have very nice track selections.

Well your comment that Activision is pro-consumer is probably about as lame to me as my comment that Guitar Hero IV can't compete to you so let say we disagree on that point. I am not here to pick fight with you.

However, I have lost much faith in Activision and Guitar Hero. You can check my tag and see that I didn't touch GH III at all after I got Rock Band. I prefer Rock Band game play, presentation, DLC and set-list over GHIII.

Nowhere am I saying they care for the consumer and look out for them.  My point was they are saving the consumer a good $200 plus and making themselves millions more by making the Rock Band instruments compatible.  It's a business move that benefits both ends.

MrBubbles said:
this doesnt sound legal

thats what i was thinking

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"