By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo making future Mario and Zelda iterations for non-gamers

Zelda is easy enough as it is. I don't want them to make it any easier. And I do NOT want them to make it more like Phantom Hourglass.

But I won't assume that this means bad things for either franchise until I actually get to play the next installment of each franchise.

Around the Network
DTG said:
Zelda TP and Mario Galaxy were one of the easiest games in their respective franchises. They are no longer truly hardcore franchises because they are just too easy.

Nintendo is going to be resposible for the second video game crash of the industy.

This is the most histerical comment I have read all day. You clearly have no clue as to what actually caused the video game crash. The difficulty, and genre of the games never had a thing to do with it. Most of the games simply did not work. You put them in and got nothing for your money. The Nintendo seal of quality came about for very very good reasons.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

BrainBoxLtd said:

With Zelda, we have to consider how to make it accessible for new gamers to pick up and play and enjoy just as hardcore gamers have.

Notice how he only mentions making Zelda accessible when asked about Mario and Zelda? That's because they already made Mario Galaxy accessible with the 2-player option. One player does the traditional Mario madness and the other can help with the second cursor, but they can't die and only have to worry about point and clicking.

They already tried that for Zelda in the Wind Waker with the Tingle Tuner. Except needing a GBA, a cable to connect it the cube, player 1 to boot you up, and a kind of rigid isolated interface wasn't all that accessible. Although for me at least it gave me something to do while my brother constantly needed help.

Probably just be a better version of something like that.

So did nobody read what I wrote here, or is everyone worried over there might be a new version of the tingle tuner in the next Zelda game? Because honestly this just seems like a bunch of noise over nothing really.

We'll see when there is actually some footage to back it up.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

again..everyone's jumping the gun...

nintendo said: accessible..

everyone can go to the beach and stand knee-high in the water...does this mean that swimming in the sea is not good enough for pro swimmers?

ofcourse not...they just go deeper...

lol, they will use Wiimotion plus to make Link play more accurately..so people will kick as at the start of the game..and slowly make the game harder and more complex

you keep complaining about just moving the Wiimote and Link attacks in TP....well..

TP was a GC port..wich means Wiimote moving= B button

now that this will be the 1st WII Zelda....yes...it means..striking right..means Link slashed to the right. and thrusting the Wiimote means: Thrusting with the MasterSword

meh...you people are ready to hate nintendo...that's exactly WHY they made Wiisports..if they didn't go to non-gamers first...the Wii would have sucked..simply because you guys don't want something new

Around the Network
Kenology said:
NSMB and Zelda:PH were their first attempts at making both franchises user friendly for newer gamers. I don't think this will be a problem. Zelda will def need additional difficulty settings though, because I'm sick of these games being cakewalks.

exactly...know WHY Zelda was a cakewalk? because they never changed anything.. this is why I can't wait

in TP it was like..oh..this thing again? I'll be back later with the hookshot...and this? bombs

it got too predictable..because NOTHING was changed...and PH was fun, because it brought back challenging puzzles...they weren't hard...but not easy either

as for NSB...I can't finish world 8-1....>_<

hopfully they will be good though

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

deathcape said:
Kenology said:
NSMB and Zelda:PH were their first attempts at making both franchises user friendly for newer gamers. I don't think this will be a problem. Zelda will def need additional difficulty settings though, because I'm sick of these games being cakewalks.

exactly...know WHY Zelda was a cakewalk? because they never changed anything.. this is why I can't wait

in TP it was like..oh..this thing again? I'll be back later with the hookshot...and this? bombs

it got too predictable..because NOTHING was changed...and PH was fun, because it brought back challenging puzzles...they weren't hard...but not easy either

as for NSB...I can't finish world 8-1....>_<

That's the problem right there. MM was hard and that's the way it should be. Every Zelda since MM hasn't been truly hardcore.

Being accessible, having an easier to understand user interface is different from the multitude of Petz or other shovelware.... Does those "the skies is falling people" not understand the difference?

Hypothetically speaking, an easier to understand user interface would be something like, hold B, then press A and + to pick up an item to press A to pick up an item. Map the more frequently used actions to the simplest/shortest form of input, etc...

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

I wouldn't worry. Nintendo will never screw up their most beloved franchises. They have a loyal following and they know it. 

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046