By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF7: Advent Children game is coming instead of a remake?

In all of the interviews with Square Enix, they have specifically said that a big announcement is coming with regards to the Advent Children story. It's a lot more likely that they will create a game based on the film rather than just remake the first, in my opinion. I'd still prefer a remake of the original though.

Anyone else think so?

Around the Network

could easily just be a movie related announcement though, was there any indicator that it was actually a game?

Is that for real.

I would have preferred a remake of the original game

1UP: Last week, Final Fantasy XIII director Tetsuya Nomura said that he's hard at work adding new scenes to the FFVII: Advent Children Complete Blu-ray release. Can you give us any update on that project?

SH: You can look forward to the upcoming invite-only fan event DKS3713 [taking place in Tokyo on August 2 and 3], where we'll have a major announcement that will shock the fans in attendance.

1UP: FFVII's characters are so beloved that they'll probably never go away, right? Just like Mickey Mouse....

SH: [Laughs] That's true, because today's 15-year-old kids were only 5 when the game released. Even though they weren't interested in it then, now they're getting into it. We're seeing a new cycle of fans emerging....

Looks like they are hinting quite strongly. I guess we'll find out in the next few weeks.

Around the Network

i just dont see FF7 remake to make much sense. I mean, the millions of people who bought the game in the original PS already know what's going to happen. we're no longer going to be struck by the infamous *hint* death scene of that *hint* girl. and if you argue about new fans, they probably already know everything too since the internet likes to spread spoilers anywhere.

it would be nice, but i don't think SE would commit their resources on a project that will be totally predictable.

Considering how SHITTY is Advent Children according to me

I dont care.

Give me Vagrant Story 2

or Finak Fantasy Tactics 2

Time to Work !

I can't wait to hear what this announcement is...

Shock the Fans???? hmmmm
if a FF 7 remake is announced for Ps3, will it shock the fans ?? dont think so , cause everyone expects it,,,
Maybe they are going to shock us further by announcing that the remake is Xbox 360 only ??? and my life as a gamer ends right away :)

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

It could be a remake of FFVII, a FFVII: AC game, another game in the compilation staring a special character (Sephiroth? Genesis?) for consoles, some revealing extra scenes (most likely something featuring Zack, Aerith, Genesis, Angeal) or completely something else.