By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MAG release date

I am not sure if this is a typo but PSU.com claims MAG will release in the Spring of 2009.  Zipper began staffing this project in 2/2006 so it seems possible.

http://www.psu.com/Ratchet--Quest-for-Booty-on-Blu-ray-News--a0004281-p0.php

"Coming in spring will be inFamous and MAG, and God of War [3] will be coming later in 2009. I can also confirm that we will support DC Universe online for PS3."

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

I wouldn't get your hopes up yet until Sony makes any official announcements. Most games for PS3 have taken one to several years to be released since their first announcement.

All three of those games would be awesome.

Sony only announces games years in advance confirmed.

tombi123 said:
Sony only announces games years in advance confirmed.

True, but I dont think they'll do that to much now. Look at their conference, they focused primarily on games hitting this year and probably next year. GOW,InFamous and probably M.A.G.

Around the Network

This game has been in development for awhile. So 2009 is appropriate.
If you played Socom, you know exactly when they started this project. All those people saying 2011 blah blah blah...lol.

Now we know why they never released those new maps, and took forever to even update the code. They announced then they were working on a new project and now we know what it was the whole time.

Winter 2009 at the latest.

I am skeptical as well given Sony's track record. It just seemed like this was an end of 2009 game at the earliest. It seems like a lot of internal competition for Sony online gamers (Socom, Resistance 60 player, Killzone 2, and Call of Duty 5).

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Yeah, Sony announced Mag years in advance. Not coming out until 2010.

Yes...360 should have showed off CGI footage of Halo 4, Alan Wake and Gears of War 3 and said coming soon.

Just for shits and gigles...

I would hold your breath on that date, the game doesn't even have an official name yet.