By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No storage solution for Wii it looks like

"Nintendo senior director of corporate communications, Charlie Scibetta, told a combined Fanboy/Joystiq Interview Squad that the company isn't planning to fix the VC/WiiWare/DLC storage issue anytime soon. Scibetta repeated the unchanged company position:

"We hear gamers loud and clear on that. What's great about the songs and the games that you can download is that the system remembers that you did that. So if you need to clear off space off your SD card, you can. It's not like once you delete them you've lost them forever and you have to pay for them again. It's just a matter of managing the space you do have and keeping the stuff on there that you play the most while clearing up when you want to bring new stuff on.""

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/07/16/nintendo-no-fridge-updates-planned/#comments

Around the Network

Every thread you create is bad news for Nintendo.

oh well, It would have been nice though..

Thread title = False.

It's in development...has been in development. Just not ready to be talked about yet.

I stake what little reputation I've garnered on this site on what I just said.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Thread title = False.

It's in development...has been in development. Just not ready to be talked about yet.

I stake what little reputation I've garnered on this site on what I just said.

And we don't even need to trust Viper's dubious reputation on this. ;)

Iwata and Miyamoto have both confirmed that some kind of storage solution is in the works. Do you really think this Scibetta person knows better than they do?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

kinda figured this after, i think it was iwata, said harddrives are for geeks, lol

arsenal009 said:
kinda figured this after, i think it was iwata, said harddrives are for geeks, lol

YOu are missinformed. A PR in the U.S said they were for Geeks and Otaku's. He means nothing. Iwata said "We are working on a solution".

i still think they will release a solution

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

RolStoppable said:
sc94597 said:
arsenal009 said:

YOu are missinformed. A PR in the U.S said they were for Geeks and Otaku's. He means nothing. Iwata said "We are working on a solution".

You are misinformed. Laurent Fischer is from Nintendo of Europe.

Well that makes him more important? Either way none of them overule Iwata.

I trust Miyamoto more than a PR hack. Below should answer the question.

It is WHEN not IF.

(Credit to WiiBox3 who posted this in http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=33802)

Is there a solution coming?
by IGN Staff

July 15, 2008 - Nintendo fans had expected the company to address two Wii hardware related issues at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2008. Some kind of voice-chat solution. Check. And a proper response to gamers who have collectively run out of storage space on their system. That one, not so much. No USB hard drive. No official developer access to retrieve dynamic game data from SD cards. (At least, not for anybody outside of Vicarious Visions, making Guitar Hero: World Tour). And players themselves definitely don't have that kind of access.

But is a solution coming? And if so, when?

"There isn't anything that we can announce today, but we have been thinking along a variety of different lines regarding this matter for some time now," Shigeru Miyamoto told IGN. "So my hope is that sometime in the not too distant future we will be able to discuss some concrete solutions."

Exactly when that answer might arrive, we don't know. But at the very least, we're encouraged to hear that Nintendo hasn't simply chosen to altogether ignore the problem.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/890/890143p1.html

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV