By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Engadget: Nintendo MotionPlus Hands-on (hint, they are not impressed)

The $30 price tag is for Wii Speak.
It will launc with but sell separate from Animal Crossing.

Mike from Morgantown

(Source -- Wired Game!Live Blog: http://blog.wired.com/games/)

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

I think for Nintendo to start out with the MotionPlus accessory, they are going to bundle it with the Wii Sports Resort game, at first. This will have Nintendo to see if this thing really takes off, which will be a huge no-brainer. If it is successful, which is very likely, Nintendo will include it in every new package of Wii-remotes.

Neos said:
and of course kingofwale needs to post this..

My thoughts exactly.

From my experience idiotic fanatics are the worst critics available. Yes I am looking at ninety percent of the posters in this thread. Being ignorant about a source is your problem not the sources. Ignorance is easily cured you have the link see what else the site has to say about other various subjects. The reality sadly is a great many of you are too stupid, too lazy, and too self absorbed to do so.

Yes I am being an asshole, and yes you utterly deserve to be called on your childish behavior. Grow the hell up already and have the decency to try to get to the know the site your going to trash talk about. I know what a really radical concept informing yourself before you start to talk out your ass this couldn't possibly catch on.

I wonder if any of you can comprehend the notion that disparity of perspectives is a valid tool towards greater understanding. When two points of view are in conflict they often fish out valid points. Nice to see that so many of you formed a lynch mob started to stone the town minority, and hurling insults. Hell lets just nail him to a cross, and erect him in the town landfill.

Obviously a great many of you lack a certain capacity for critical thinking, and more to the point only have a very shallow view of reality. What you should have done was used this article as a pretext to discuss the cons of the peripheral rather then blindly defending said product. Nothing has been or ever will be perfect. Further if any reviewer out there is matching you perfectly chances are that reviewer is doing a shabby job, and you probably shouldn't listen to that reviewer anymore.

There are a great many sites that cater to ignorant fanatics who will praise all products for said platform. They will gladly treat every product with kid gloves, and will drag a silver lining out till it covers every dark cloud in the sky. Which usually means they really do not care about what they are reviewing in the least, because they are bound to find something that no matter how popular they truly despise, and will have the convictions to say so.

On the side of the debate. I agree with the sentiment that the Controller for the Wii is a terribly shitty product. I am glad to see that many of you despite the propaganda you spew constantly finally agree with me. This peripheral will help gaming greatly. However I am concerned be the fact that Nintendo has gotten heady on peripherals yet again, and two generations ago they reaped some bitter fruits through this nonsense.

Nintendo seems to have a problem distinguishing between what is acceptable, and what is not acceptable with consumers. This will be the fifth peripheral for the console, and the console isn't even two years old yet. All of these peripherals are going to lead to a console that is not user friendly, and a great many consumers are going to get upset about being expected to fork out hundreds of dollars more just to play this or that new game.

I am not sure about the wealthy out there, but I am not keen on the prospect that after buying a new game that I might be expected to fork out another sixty or seventy dollars to buy the peripherals I really need, because they are required hardware. I would hate to be told that for the new Zelda I must purchase this peripheral, a external memory unit, and a balance board.

I suppose in that sense I agree with the argument that perhaps this peripheral was not needed at all. The console was muddling through with the controller that came packaged with the console. Perhaps it was not perfect, but it was usable. So exactly why are consumers going to be asked to flip the bill for this peripheral?

Overall, I think 1:1 is a great addition to what the Wii is doing, and Engadget is smoking crack.

However, I agree fully with BenKenobi - It just seems that Nintendo is trying to milk users out of $30 for something that should be intergrated into the Wiimote from now on.

It should be that Nintendo ads it to all future Wiimotes, and then sells the $30 addon, or whatever for current ones to ensure they are 1:1 compatible, so all future titles can use it without partitioning the Wii userbase for a 1:1 only game.

And yes, I promise: if the Wii ever gets a REAL sword fighting, or RPG game using FPS sword fighting that is "real" as in blood, and the like.......I will buy a Wii.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
GlingGling said:
Sqrl said:
FYI Miyamoto has said in interview that its possible it will come packed in with Wii-remotes standard. And that you just have to get one for your existing Wii-Remotes.

This is a pretty good plan. I sort of see this as the equivalent to the N64 memory pack. It'll be required for many games in 2 years.

Also, it'll comes packaged with Wii Sports Resort. 

And honestly, I don't think $30 is all that bad for this accesory.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
NO THIS ISN'T MY VENGEANCE YET. THAT'S SAVED UP FOR VAIO. I'M GONNA SHOW UP AT HIS HOUSE NAKED AND DO SOME WII FIT HULA HOOP ON HIS FACE.

No, don't show up naked.  Show up in your SMB3 underoos, I think that would be more effective!

Piss on Engadget. I've seen the video, I've seen it work on stage, and that's the f'ing coolest thing I've ever seen happen to games, since the first announcement of the Wii.

People who think Nintendo "lost" this show, roundly mocked when this comes out. We're about to see gaming go to another level. (And those who mock this E3, seem to sound like they did when they were talking about why the PS3 would be the biggest thing in gaming, ever. Wii ftw.)

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

BrainBoxLtd pretty much made this thread pointless to continue debating on, the add-on is clearly helpful :/

I actually didn't realize Wii had this limitation until they made this add on so I'm probably never going to get a wii. See that's why I love Nintendo they are a very honest company.