By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 at 22.5 percent marketshare!

Good!  only 2.5 percent to go and I win my bet!

Around the Network

lol, I still remember that bet, it was ballsy to say the least.

Microsoft's market-share continue to drop. Wii is also gaining shares.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

What's your bet? And you needed a new thread for 22.5%?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

kingofwale said:

It was very ballsy.  It'll happen, don't you think?

@ tuoyo

No reason, I'm just following Rubang who does it for every Percent the Wii gets.   All in good fun.

there's a thread whenever Wii moves up .1, I see no reason to be silent about the PS3 doing the same.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
kingofwale said:

@ tuoyo

No reason, I'm just following Rubang who does it for every Percent the Wii gets.   All in good fun.

Sony won't reach 25% this year.  We've gone over the math -- it's unlikely.  Should we do the math again with the new numbers?

I love how people complain about new threads as if we're creating waste that's destroying the environment. "Save the Earth! Lower thread counts!"

OT: With the 360 20gb clearance sale, expect the PS3 to lose some that market share in the coming weeks.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

TheBigFatJ said:
DMeisterJ said:
kingofwale said:

@ tuoyo

Sony won't reach 25% this year.  We've gone over the math -- it's unlikely.  Should we do the math again with the new numbers?

We made the bet in January.  During the slow month (hardware) Sony has moved up 2.5 percent.  Now in the latter half of the year, the fast months, PS3 will be outpacing 360 by larger margins as we move on.  25 percent is very feasible.  26 or 27 aren't out of the question.

DMeisterJ said:
kingofwale said:

It was very ballsy. It'll happen, don't you think?

@ tuoyo

No reason, I'm just following Rubang who does it for every Percent the Wii gets. All in good fun.

I say you have about 40% of chance of winning. Not the type of bets I would make, just because I rather play by the percentage.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

25% is very likely all sony has to do is sell 1 out of every 4 consoles sold to achieve that. It'd not a difficult thing to do honestly. Gaining as you start exceeding 50% then it get's tough as you have to maintain a better than 50% sales rate to keep gaining.