By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My PS2 is about to die... ;_;

Fix the poor guy. I have my PS2 for 6 years now, and I get errors only on FF1 (very rarely).

Around the Network

You could always pay however much it is to get the thing fixed, some places must still do it.

Go get a DVD lens cleaner for $20. Leave it in there for five minutes, and it should work like new! I had the same thing.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
Go get a DVD lens cleaner for $20. Leave it in there for five minutes, and it should work like new! I had the same thing.

I tried that, did not work for me, I ended up getting a slim

Well twesterm I'm so disappointed that you didn't know the PS3 was backwards compatible with PS1 games...lol

Actually its quite hilarious. But if its a big deal you always have your PS3 or you could buy a new PS2 Slim which is around $100 if I'm not mistaken.

Around the Network

woot! Just the thing to make a bad day better.

Unfortunately my PS2 is slowly getting fucked with I'm still unhappy about but I forgot I had won an auction for four SNES games and they finally got here (they took forever to get here, I won that auction weeks ago).

So today I just got for about $70:
Secret of Mana
Mega Man x
Arcana
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

And as awesome as Secret of Mana, LttP, and Megman X are, I'm probably going to play Arcana first.

You might be able to fix it this way:
http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/ps2.ars