By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you buy FFXIII in Japanese if it had English Subtitles?

Rock_on_2008 said:
kingofwale said:
if it has english title, I will import it. and not having to wait for 6-8 months.

otherwise, I will buy it regardless.

12 months is the average time it takes for a Japanese Final Fantasy game to be translated into English language.

really??

FFXII took about 6 months or so.

Crisis Core took about 6 months or so

FFX took about 6 months or so.

FFX2 took about 7 months or so

i wonder wher eyou got the average of "12 months" from.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
kingofwale said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
kingofwale said:
if it has english title, I will import it. and not having to wait for 6-8 months.

12 months is the average time it takes for a Japanese Final Fantasy game to be translated into English language.

really??

Yeah, but they need to work on the 360 port which shoudl add a few months.

Yeah, there would have to be an option to set menus to english of course... and that would prove to be the killer as all the items -- armor, spells, etc., would all need an english translation...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

No, I will wait for the Pal (international) release and hope it will have both the japanese and english audio and subtitles.

Depends on how long it would take to get to pal regions.

Around the Network

I'd buy it since most japanimation flicks I've seen were better with the original voices.

I'm used to reading the story... so yeah, for any game...

Sure, I usually play Japanese games in Japanese with English sub anyway.

Unfortunately the Japanese version won't have English subs, so I doubt I'll get it as it's pointless playing an RPG in a language I understand very little of. I have plenty of Japanese games in other genres though.

sc94597 said:
kingofwale said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
kingofwale said:

really??

Yeah, but they need to work on the 360 port which shoudl add a few months.

Actually, I read an interview either on IGN or 1up (I'm on PS3 browser so someone else can link it) that said it usually takes 6 months for US and 12 months for Europe, but this time they are going to attempt to shorten it. I don't think translation will be slowed by being multiplat, but of course the overall development could since they have to be the same release date it seems.

Yes i would.