By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you buy FFXIII in Japanese if it had English Subtitles?

The title is pretty self explanatory.  I would actually prefer to buy the Japanese version if it had english subtitles since that would be in the original "voice" of the game.  I'd buy it in a heartbeat if SE would release it as an "original release" or something similar in the west as a title intented to cater to a small minority that speaks Japanese and/or wants to see the game in it's original form before being localized.  I highly doubt they will do it, however, and importing it would mean paying $80-$100 to play it so I'll just have to wait, but it would be cool... 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

it would be cool, but all the menu's etc would also need subtitles, not just the voice over for me to buy it...

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

No I would wait for the game. I am not a huge fan of JRPG's and reading subtitles would be annoying. So I would wait for an English version.

if it has english title, I will import it. and not having to wait for 6-8 months.

otherwise, I will buy it regardless.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Yep, I'd buy it.

Around the Network

yes i prefer japanese voices.

Probably, but I don't know about not reading the menus. I should just learn japanese.(:

kingofwale said:
if it has english title, I will import it. and not having to wait for 6-8 months.

otherwise, I will buy it regardless.

12 months is the average time it takes for a Japanese Final Fantasy game to be translated into English language.

No, they say this transition will be quicker, so I will just import it from the US

Yes, but...

I used to always play JRPGs with Japanese voice-overs, but Lost Odyssey changed that with the quality of the English voiceovers.

So it depends on quality.

Plus the menus will have to change as well.