By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance Retribution interview + info

http://www.gamespot.com/video/950875/6194083/resistance-retribution-e3-2008-stage-show-demo

So a couple of info that was revealed about the game at E3 and this interview :

-The game will take place between R1 and R2 in 1951 , when the US forces try and fight back the chimera in Europe .

- The main characters name is Gracen . He had to kill his trnsforming brother - intrigue .

- Nathan Hale will not be seen in the game at all .

- Both ad-hoc and infrastructure multiplayer will be availible . Infrastructure will most likely future up to 8 players nline , and judging from the Syphon Filter games it will probably have full vouce chat support to ;)

- Aiming was modified a bit , ots not as pixel precise as the ones used in Syphon Filter DM/LS , its much more fast and frantik . There will be a new type of aim-assist and strafing and taking cover will be crucial .

- The game will stay true to the Resistance formula and there will be big bosses .

- There will be at least 3 new weapons this far .

- The game is slated to a " Spring 09 " release .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

this game does look awesome. shame we have to wait till spring for it! gimme now!

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Yeah I know , but at least they will have over one and ahalf year to finish their project , so that will at least secure its quality ;)

the syphon filter demo i played was wicked and since it coming from the same studio... The graphics looks very good although somebody said it had the same perspective as killzopne liberation, no, liberation is more top down 3rd person and this is kinda closer like behind the shoulder re4 i think. Im expecting great reviews!

My only complaint is why this game isn't being release before Resistance 2 if it takes place between the 2 stories. Odd.

Around the Network
windbane said:
My only complaint is why this game isn't being release before Resistance 2 if it takes place between the 2 stories. Odd.

Development time ... its better this way than being rushed out half-done IMO ...

My psp will be busy in the spring.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

http://www.joystiq.com/photos/resistance-retribution/924824/

Check out the gallery, especially the last pic. I always knew the PSP was more capable than people thought. That system and the Wii are really underestimated in how much power they have over 6th gen systems.

I mean I've seen some of you here claim the PSP isn't as strong as the PS2. What they don't realize is that the PSP was designed like the PS2, just with all the issues ironed out (like lack of texture compression).

This game proves it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:

Check out the gallery, especially the last pic. I always knew the PSP was more capable than people thought. That system and the Wii are really underestimated in how much power they have over 6th gen systems.

I mean I've seen some of you here claim the PSP isn't as strong as the PS2. What they don't realize is that the PSP was designed like the PS2, just with all the issues ironed out (like lack of texture compression).

This game proves it.

Yeah , the size of the levels and the level of detail on the enemies ... wow , its so overwhelming :o

hunter_alien said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

This game proves it.

Yeah , the size of the levels and the level of detail on the enemies ... wow , its so overwhelming :o

Honestly not sure if that's sarcasm or not. Either way, the screens do look more like RE4 on the GC than on the PS2.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs