By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most realistic graphics ever seen

CG or no CG, Crysis still looks better than that.

Around the Network

it looks very good yes, but i didn't think even for a second that it was real.

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Think uncharted has still the best realistic graphics.

Is CG ¬¬
Still the concept sounds good...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Squilliam said:
HappySqurriel said:
Squilliam said:
Ok thats definately the PC version they're showing there if it isn't CGI. If it is being done "real time/in engine" then thats the only platform that could achieve that level of detail.

The engine being used I pick is the "Far Cry 2" engine. Its a brilliantly designed engine with "layered shaders" So they can scale it easily between platforms.

Looks pretty cool and innovative, seems that we're getting a lot of new games this year and next which is pretty exciting. Its not MOH XXXX every year like the PS2 generation! xD

The odds that the game looks like this on a console or a PC that is less than $1500 when it is released is pretty close to 0% ...

I may be wrong but it doesn't look much more if at all more demanding than Crysis and they do have an engine that scales particularly well both to high and low end to pull it off. An urban environment like that doesn't require as much horsepower as a Jungle like Crysis, which is why most console shooters tend to happen indoors. Its simply easier to pull off the visuals.

Also since the release date is slated for 2009 at least, requiring something like a 4870 to pull off that level of visuals wouldn't be too far fetched considering there will be at least another half generation if not full generation between now and the release date.

The difference between Crysis and the character models (as an example) may not be that amazing, but the overall detail of everything is far above crysis. It might be possible to produce similar graphics to this in late 2009 but I suspect that would require two bleeding edge Graphics cards hooked together in SLi or Crossfire ...

Now, being that there is no in-game footage there are ways they could obtain a similar look with less processing power ... They could pre-render the environments (like Resident Evil: Remake for the Gamecube) or pre-compute all of the lighting in the environment ahead of time (like FEAR) but either way you would still need a pretty impressive graphics card to pull it off.

Around the Network

The main character looks like he is very badly constipated.

lol, it looks like Blizzard made that trailer lol. I laughed when the dude threw that water bottle down. The graphics of the trailer looked nice, but that water bottle bouncing looked a little on the poor side.

Anyway, great graphics sure.... even though it's CG and that would be expected.

MAG in game footage shown on Sony's Press announcement at E3 yesterday that was amazing. MAG = game of the decade

Rock_on_2008 said:
MAG in game footage shown on Sony's Press announcement at E3 yesterday that was amazing. MAG = game of the decade

After Lair I would have thought people would stop hyping games based off of a video alone ...

HappySqurriel said:
Squilliam said:
HappySqurriel said:
Squilliam said:
Ok thats definately the PC version they're showing there if it isn't CGI. If it is being done "real time/in engine" then thats the only platform that could achieve that level of detail.

The engine being used I pick is the "Far Cry 2" engine. Its a brilliantly designed engine with "layered shaders" So they can scale it easily between platforms.

Looks pretty cool and innovative, seems that we're getting a lot of new games this year and next which is pretty exciting. Its not MOH XXXX every year like the PS2 generation! xD

The odds that the game looks like this on a console or a PC that is less than $1500 when it is released is pretty close to 0% ...

I may be wrong but it doesn't look much more if at all more demanding than Crysis and they do have an engine that scales particularly well both to high and low end to pull it off. An urban environment like that doesn't require as much horsepower as a Jungle like Crysis, which is why most console shooters tend to happen indoors. Its simply easier to pull off the visuals.

Also since the release date is slated for 2009 at least, requiring something like a 4870 to pull off that level of visuals wouldn't be too far fetched considering there will be at least another half generation if not full generation between now and the release date.

The difference between Crysis and the character models (as an example) may not be that amazing, but the overall detail of everything is far above crysis. It might be possible to produce similar graphics to this in late 2009 but I suspect that would require two bleeding edge Graphics cards hooked together in SLi or Crossfire ...

Now, being that there is no in-game footage there are ways they could obtain a similar look with less processing power ... They could pre-render the environments (like Resident Evil: Remake for the Gamecube) or pre-compute all of the lighting in the environment ahead of time (like FEAR) but either way you would still need a pretty impressive graphics card to pull it off.

That clip is well below what Crysis does on Max Settings in real time:

Crysis - DirectX 9 vs. DirectX 10 Jungle Fight HD

Crysis on DX10 wins against that CG clip.