By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most realistic graphics ever seen

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36319.html

I seriously thought much of the footage was real, it blows my mind.

Around the Network

So does this mean we are entering or leaving uncanny valley?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

That is most likely not in-game.

It looks...real...very nice.

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

wow!! that looks awesome

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

Around the Network

Looks great. But to respond to steven787: Definitely entering the Uncanny Valley. It will be in full swing with games that look like this.

sc94597 said:
That is most likely not in-game.

Well yeah. It's weird. This stuff just never impresses me. I mean... I think a videogame could look EXACTLY like real life... and it wouldn't impress me at all.

What impresses me is when the games have a distinct and kickass artstyle, like say Killer 7... which had horrible graphics "technicallly" for the gamecube but was one of the most sytlish games of the generation.

Kinda how I hang paintings on my walls and not pictures.

it looked nice...but if you really thought it looked real, i suggest getting away from the computer and games for a bit.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Real?? imo the characters look almost comiclike

It's not that realistic. There's plenty of CG in cinema that looks more realistic. I'd say the Final Fantasy movie looked more realistic, and it came out seven years ago.

Honestly, I think we're still at least a decade away from CG which can't be pegged by people as fake within 10 seconds of watching.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.