By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Where was Kaz Hirai?

Whoever was doing the Sony conference this year was pretty boring.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
I bet with ya he changed his mind when he heard that Japanese guy from SE speaking English.... Ecksbawks fwleeseckstee

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I was surprised not to see him. Now I'm equally surprised noone can explain his absence without speculation.

I wanted to see him aswell...

4 ≈ One

tombi123 said:
Darc Requiem said:
Well from what I've heard, Kaz had no idea that SE was going to announce FFXIII for 360. So he was probably busy putting out fires at SCE.

Where did you hear that? Sony own part of SE, so it is certain that he already knew...

Sony owns 8% Square. That's isn't enough of a stake for them to be privy to any of SE's internal deals.

Around the Network

Yeah, he's the man!
Jack Tretton did a pretty good job covering for him though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Darc Requiem said:
tombi123 said:
Darc Requiem said:
Well from what I've heard, Kaz had no idea that SE was going to announce FFXIII for 360. So he was probably busy putting out fires at SCE.

Where did you hear that? Sony own part of SE, so it is certain that he already knew...

Sony owns 8% Square. That's isn't enough of a stake for them to be privy to any of SE's internal deals.

In addition, any information obtained is strictly protected by NDA agreements. So even if Sony has someone on the SE board, they wouldn't be able to share that information with anyone at Sony unless SE allowed them to.