By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the Blu-ray thread, will go on untill hddvds death.

@LordTheNightKnight

ok, but....

the thread is dead, like HD-DVD.

Around the Network

^Lol, how come all the winning formats have higher capacity then?

Its so close...I can feel it.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Username2324 said:
^Lol, how come all the winning formats have higher capacity then?

They don't all. Betamax had a higher runtime, for one. UMD has more data than DS carts. So those are not all the winning formats. And even if they were, if there were other causes, that just means the capacity was a coincidence. Those things do happen.

@magnific0, It hasn't been announced yet, so you're the one jumping the gun. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@LordTheNightKnight

Stop smashing your EGG against the ROCK...no use, the thread is dead, like HD-DVD.

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
Its so close...I can feel it.

Try feeling a blu-ray in your hand, so Sony can feel your money.* I'm sure they'd prefer that over someone dancing on HD-DVD's grave, which gains them nothing. 

* I may, but I still need an HDTV, and there need to be more than two movies I want in HD. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Magnific0 said:
@LordTheNightKnight

Stop smashing your EGG against the ROCK...no use, the thread is dead, like HD-DVD.

Repeating the line isn't going to make this thread stop. Crappy metaphors aren't going to prove, whatever you are trying to prove. 

^nothing to prove. It's simple, the thread is dead, like HD-DVD.

Can we now close the thread? Or does that happen tomorrow with Toshihba's announcement?

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

why are you guys so anxious to close threads? damn let people talk. Or are you bitter because you went HD DVD