By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the Blu-ray thread, will go on untill hddvds death.

Well, rumor has it that MS already has a working BD for the 360.

Notice I said RUMOR.

Sauce:(http://n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=112462)

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Around the Network
Saiyar said:
Domo-Kun said:
I thought Blu-Ray would win, I just didn't think it would happen this quick. Good for Sony, however, 360 will now adopt a Blu-Ray player, so in the long run, it doesn't mean a whole lot for the PS3.

I don't the 360 can't have a Blu-ray player for the time being. It can't have an internal drive since the 360 needs a 12x drive and there are no Blu-ray drives at that speend and it can't be an add on; since profile 1.1 became mandatory all Blu-ray players now require 1GB of storage and a HDMI port, something that not all 360's have.

There's a rumor they've been planning one already (probably since Warner's move). And the 1.1 profile is for 256MB, not 1GB. That's 2.0. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@LordTheNightKnight

You're the only one "trying" stuff. the thread is dead, like HD-DVD.

Domo-Kun said:
I thought Blu-Ray would win, I just didn't think it would happen this quick. Good for Sony, however, 360 will now adopt a Blu-Ray player, so in the long run, it doesn't mean a whole lot for the PS3.

That depends on the price of the 360 + the BR player.  Right now that would be higher than the PS3, not much of a selling point.

It would be to those who already have a 360, and want the add on by itself.

Makes me wonder though, if producers would have to make 2 seperate versions of games, on (many) DVDs and Blu-Ray for 360.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Around the Network
Magnific0 said:
@LordTheNightKnight

You're the only one "trying" stuff. the thread is dead, like HD-DVD.

You're trying stuff too, trying to pretend HD-DVD was somehow awful. It lost doesn't mean it sucked. It just means it lost. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Nintendo chose cartridges over CD, result > DOOMED

Sega chose 1 giga disc over DVD, result > DOOMED

I'm not saying it's all there is to it, but it was definitely a factor.

Just mentioning BAD business decisions of the past. No need to go deep on this matter.

@LordTheNightKnight

yeah, I'm trying stuff, that's it. Now try this: the thread is dead, like HD-DVD.

Magnific0 said:
Nintendo chose cartridges over CD, result > DOOMED

Sega chose 1 giga disc over DVD, result > DOOMED

I'm not saying it's all there is to it, but it was definitely a factor.

What the hell does this have to do with HD-DVD or blu-ray. It seems to me you're "trying" to use capacity as some sort of justification, but it was money that hurt carts more than capacity, and piracy and bad management that hurt the Dreamcast.

It's not even "not... all there is to it". Capacity has almost nothing to do with it.

The title of this thread should be

this thread will go on till blue3 death

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY