By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Conference Today! Let's see if sony can Salvage E3

ZenfoldorVGI said:

I think the "big" game is the new SotC team game, SotC 2. When it's announced, PS3 fans are going to pretend like it's huge and won E3, but it isn't and it won't.

It's an alright little action game on the PS2 though. No story hurts it a lot.

GoW3 will also be highly touted by PS3 owners as "winning" the show. Laughable, but it will happen, trust me. It is about an Animal Crossing sized announcement.

To "win" this show Sony has to show off something completely unexpected. The following things won't cut it and don't matter because I already know about them:

2 ICO team games
Jak 4
GoW3
Every game sony fanboys have been touting including R2, GT5, KZ2, and LBP
WKC

What will cut it that I do know about is:

FFVII remake

I'm sorry if that's harsh, but your dealing with an audience that isn't necessarily friendly to your console. To win, you have to shock and awe them like MS did, and take their respect with violence.

If Sony can do that, and we come away talking about a game that "pwnd microsoft" then we might consider E3 a tie.

The odds of that happening are slim to none.

SSJ's game will be great for gamers, but unless it's Bioshock 2 exclusive to PS3 forever AND FFVII remake exclusivity, then I can't really see any game matching that news. It was a bombshell, and it shook our belief systems to the core. Fanboys quit the internet and changed sides because of this. It's not gonna be easy to beat.

I have to agree...no one expected what happend w/ FFXIII, i think Sony needs a bombshell

Fable 2 on PS3 will do it for me XD

Around the Network
Beja-Beja said:
I won't settle for less than Bill Gates' head on a pike Lord Of The Flies style, with Kratos holding it as a sceptor while simultaneously announcing GOW3 KH3 ICOHD and FF7 remake

That would top it all!

Sony to Microsoft:

Leetgeek said:
Beja-Beja said:
I won't settle for less than Bill Gates' head on a pike Lord Of The Flies style, with Kratos holding it as a sceptor while simultaneously announcing GOW3 KH3 ICOHD and FF7 remake

That yould top it all!

Sony to Microsoft:

*standing ovation*    thats brilliant XD

Arcturus said:
They would have to show some new IPs that would be released THIS fall, or this upcoming spring....not fall 2009 or sometime in 2010.

They can't just show more Killzone 2 footage, more Resistance 2 footage, more LBP footage.

Id rather have more information on titles about to be released than have a new IP announced for 2010... And MS didn't even announce a new IP....

dbot said:
Sony doesn't need to "win" E3. In fact, you can't win E3 (they stopped scoring it in 2005). MS's press conference sucked until the very end. FF was huge, the only way it would have been bigger is if Square was releasing it on the 360 in Japan. Sony needs to announce/preview God of War 3, GT5, the ICO game, and show a game that is unique to the console experience (something like the Heavy Rain trailer).

Sony needs to take us in a new direction.

I think if SE announced FF13 exclusive to the 360 that would be even bigger.

Around the Network
Leetgeek said:
Beja-Beja said:

That yould top it all!

Sony to Microsoft:

Doesn't gangs of New York end with him dieing?

You have to have a mix of both, stuff being released now, and stuff being released in a year. Sometimes it's good to remind people what all your company can bring to the table :P Sure I can't wait to hear more about games like Resistance, Motorstorm, Killzone, Bioshock, Whiteknight, LBP, etc etc, But man it's so awesome to remember that they have Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, God of War, Team ICO etc etc. People seem to forget these things at times :D And MS didn't show off like... anything... so I'm hoping Sony will flex a little :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Kasz216 said:
Leetgeek said: 

That yould top it all!

Sony to Microsoft:

Doesn't gangs of New York end with both of them dieing?

I HAVENT SEEN IT YET YOU ASS!

oh well I would have never seen it anyways. It starts off slow.

LOL MATURE said:
Kasz216 said:
Leetgeek said:

That yould top it all!

Sony to Microsoft:

Doesn't gangs of New York end with both of them dieing?

I HAVENT SEEN IT YET YOU ASS!

oh well I would have never seen it anyways. It starts off slow.

Sorry for thinking a 6 year old movie didn't need spoilers.

Let alone a 6 year old movie based on real history from like... 140 years ago. Though to be fair i do think the butcher was fictional... or rather his role in the movie was.

I tried watching it. Doesn't it start of going through an underground community type thing then it goes out side and 2 clans just killed each other?

That was pretty sweet but after that it just got... blah