By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one who's "meh" on the MotionPlus?

RCTjunkie said:

I just don't really care about it, mainly because I'm not sure how it would work in the only game I want 1:1 badly: Zelda.

Seriously, how would you plug in the nunchuck?

Great, glad you feel that way. Can I have yours?

Around the Network

No but I'm holding my judgment until Nintendo unveils the whole story about it.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Ya, you need to have a game to attach it to before you can get excited about it. I mean, did anyone really think the rumble pack was a big deal until they played Star Fox 64? That turned out to be a revolutionary thing, but at the time, nobody really cared about rumble.

The fact is, most people don't care about 1:1 because they've never experienced it before. They'll need to experience the difference and then they'll never be able to go back. One thing I'm excited about (we'll see if this comes to pass) is a more accurate pointer. There are times the pointing can be a bit wonky. But to be quite honest, I have absolutely NO idea how this attachment will work. I really hope they explain the mechanics of the device, so we mortals can try and divine what exactly what the attachment does to the wiimote.

Sqrl said:
RCTjunkie said:
Wait, there's a plug at the bottem?
OK, I'm pumped, now!!!

lol /thread

Nice relief from the other topic.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

EA talked about Tiger Woods 09 having 1:1 swing control. Which is awesome. Perhaps Nintendo let them know this was coming?

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Around the Network

come on!!

this add-on is huge!!
it means that games with more advanced motion controls are coming + it will probably increase accuracy in all games!!

what we don't know, is if following wii-remotes will have this add-on, or future consoles will include this...

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

as many of others have said there's no games unveiled yet so anyone dissing it and doubting Nintendo already is an idiot. I'm personally extremely hyped about.

Motion controls we're only gonna go 1 of 2 ways - they we're either gonna be seen as a gimmick and die or get refined, improve over time and be seen as a viable control scheme.

I like to see this as the fat lady singing but we'll find out in due time.

Yes, is only you.

Leni said:
come on!!

this add-on is huge!!
it means that games with more advanced motion controls are coming + it will probably increase accuracy in all games!!

what we don't know, is if following wii-remotes will have this add-on, or future consoles will include this...

I think future consoles will definitely include this. NekoSOM's analogy to the rumble pack was a good one--it was a peripheral for the N64 and then built in to later controllers. It may not be obvious that it's in there, though--it'll just be a part of a future super accurate motion controller for the 8th gen Nintendo system.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

yay, more peripherals to buy. EA wants to start bundling stuff with sports games. Can you imagine the amount of peripherals we're going to have? I just hope this one is cheap if it actually improves wiimote performance. Rock Band a GT IV are expensive enough. I already have a classic controller, wavebird, and wheel grip. At least I don't want Wii Fit.