By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Contra 4 on DS

http://kotaku.com/gaming/about-damn-time/konami-reveals-contra-4-ds-270587.php

Finally. An official continuation of the Contra series we love. In glorious 2D madness.

"REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - June 20, 2007 - Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., today announced Contra 4 (working title) for the Nintendo DS™. Marking the 20th anniversary of the quintessential action franchise, the game pushes 2D side-scrolling action in an all-new direction with gunplay that spans two full screens, original gameplay mechanics that grant players deadlier abilities than ever before, and frantic multiplayer functionality."

2 player certainly sounds fun...more fast, intense DS multiplayer games are certainly welcome by me.

Best part, it'll be out in 2007.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Hey Ben there is another thread on this as well. Is it possible to just merge the two?

Ugh...
I'm gonna close the other thread cause I made mine first, and I'm bitter today.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Lolz, I made the other one, didn´t saw yours. Sorry XP. Good news anyway.

I love the DS

the mass of different games makes me happy

and yes I want contra...

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

I love Contra. If Konami screw this up like they did with the Ninja Turtles I will not buy their games anymore.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

It better be tough as hell.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

BenKenobi88 said:
It better be tough as hell.

It's Contra. Who hasn't beaten all the previous Contra games in a weekend (or less)?

All those Gradius/Lifeforce series games were even easier than Contra. I think I beat Lifeforce about 90 minutes after bringing it home. *sigh*

Rush'n Attack. Now that was a hard game!

Im down with games that have co-opt play, not enough games out there on the ds that do. The more the merry, ill be waiting for this game.

Well I'm glad to see I beat the other posters to making this topic hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM