By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony SHOULD buy Level-5

Theyshould and hopefully they will, loved the Dark Cloud series please let there be a third.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
Shameless said:
Square-Enix is the only company that would make a difference.

S-E hasn't been as good as they have in the past. FF is the only series they release that I'm still interested in. Their peak wa during the ps1 days. Back then, I bought every game with squaresoft on it and didn't regret a single purchase. You'd be amazed how hype sells games. If they can secure a good studio or form their own and create Assasin's Creed-type hype with a good game to back it, they'll definitely have a 2 mil seller!

Either way, SE is the only 3rd party consistently making million selling RPGs.

PapaSmurf5721 said:
Theyshould and hopefully they will, loved the Dark Cloud series please let there be a third.

yeah they really need to if they want to get some more rpg's

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Pristine20 said:
Shameless said:

S-E hasn't been as good as they have in the past. FF is the only series they release that I'm still interested in. Their peak wa during the ps1 days. Back then, I bought every game with squaresoft on it and didn't regret a single purchase. You'd be amazed how hype sells games. If they can secure a good studio or form their own and create Assasin's Creed-type hype with a good game to back it, they'll definitely have a 2 mil seller!

Well, series other than FF and DQ have trouble getting that much hype so I don't see how a new IP could?

Shameless said:
Pristine20 said:
Shameless said:

Define consistently. The only time a S-E game is a million seller is if the game is an FF, DQ, or KH game

Around the Network

brute said:

the majority might be,but the later released one are only on DS(a nintendo system)

All their major titles (Dark Cloud 1/2, Rogue Galaxy, and WKC) are on Sony platforms. Dragon Quest IX is an exeption, but it's a Square Enix IP, so SE decides which platforms it should be on.

hmm buying level 5 would be good it would defintley keep white knight story as an exclusive and perhaps would mean dqix being brought to the ps3 now what a boost that would give to sony in japan since dragon quest is bigger than final fantasy there not to mention dragon quest games are far better than final fantasy

Level 5's PS games

Dark Cloud 1
Dark Cloud 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Rogue Galaxy
Jeanne D'Arc
White Knight Chronicles

All of those are published by Sony except Dragon Quest

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Zones said:

brute said:

the majority might be,but the later released one are only on DS(a nintendo system)

All their major titles (Dark Cloud 1/2, Rogue Galaxy, and WKC) are on Sony platforms. Dragon Quest IX is an exeption, but it's a Square Enix IP, so SE decides which platforms it should be on.

like i said the newer ones are on nintendo platfrms, for ex professor layton

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Riachu said:
Shameless said:
Pristine20 said:
Shameless said:

Define consistently. The only time a S-E game is a million seller is if the game is an FF, DQ, or KH game

Which are most of the few JRPG series that get any sort of mainstream hype in the West.