By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just as expected, the 360 price drop is temporarily.

the same like what sony did last year

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

This is a smart move for Microsoft....just like it was for Sony last year

IMO this isn't really a big deal (at people saying doom for MS)

IMO if you think this is really any different from what Sony did...lol

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

LOL MATURE said:

Oh look what I found....

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/e3-no-more-60gb-playstation-3-in-us-after-july-says-reeves

Date... July 13th

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173806.html

Announcement of price drop.... July 8th...

WAIT A MINUTE THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT! SONY DIDN'T SAY THEY WERE DISCOUNTINING THE PS3 60GIG!!!!

ARGH ROAR RARWER FKEdtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I love google)

You realize you just proved my point don't you?  Microsoft made concurrent announcements, Sony didn't.

Actually, the same scenario can be applied (even more glaringly for Sony) to the 20GB.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

nice spin.

I don't think Sony said they were having a clearance sale (we all knew it, but you're average consumer got screwed).

But Microsoft have specifically said "we are bringing a new model out, but if 20GB is all you need you can have it cheap."

- Sony didn't tell consumers a new model was coming out and they were having a clearance sale, Microsoft did.

to

Microsoft made concurrent announcements, Sony didn't

But sony's announcements were within 4 days of each other. (late night July 8th to Early morn July 13th)

And they said no more 60gigs 3 days after the price drop.

It's not like they waited a month or even a week to spring it on us like you are makinbg it seem... actually you said they didn't do it at all.

Around the Network
LOL MATURE said:
I don't think Sony said they were having a clearance sale (we all knew it, but you're average consumer got screwed).

But Microsoft have specifically said "we are bringing a new model out, but if 20GB is all you need you can have it cheap."

- Sony didn't tell consumers a new model was coming out and they were having a clearance sale, Microsoft did.

to

But sony's announcements were within 4 days of each other. (late night July 8th to Early morn July 13th)

It's not like they waited a month or even a week to spring it on us like you are makinbg it seem... actually you said they didn't do it at all.

Haha.  You're getting better, but you still have to try harder to keep up.

I said that Sony didn't make concurrent announcements.  You saved me having to find links by proving it with you're own (really not smart when you're going after someone on an internet forum btw).

I said Microsoft DID simultaneously announce both their clearance sale and their new, better system.  For proof that I am right, see the OP. 

You've ignored both the fact that Microsoft's replacing a system with a better version whilst Sony did not (my other major point remember?).  You've also ignored the similarities to the 20GB discontinuation.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
LOL MATURE said:

to

Haha.  You're getting better, but you still have to try harder to keep up.

I said that Sony didn't make concurrent announcements.  You saved me having to find links by proving it with you're own (really not smart when you're going after someone on an internet forum btw).

I said Microsoft DID simultaneously announce both their clearance sale and their new, better system.  For proof that I am right, see the OP. 

You've ignored both the fact that Microsoft's replacing a system with a better version whilst Sony did not (my other major point remember?).  You've also ignored the similarities to the 20GB discontinuation.

No, what you said was they didn't tell he consumer at all and just screwed them. Stop trying to make yourself look better. It aint working.