By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just as expected, the 360 price drop is temporarily.

I believe the 60GB will have a price drop when all the 20GBs are out of stock.

And the other models as well for that matter.

Around the Network

So this is kind of like the Sony "pricecut" on the 60gb models when they were clearancing them out to make room for the 80gb.

Well at least it leaves MS the option of having a real price drop before the holidays on all 3 models (arcade, 60gb, Elite) :) Should also prop up sales for a bit while the 20gb models are selling at the discounted price.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Guess MS is as focused on profitability as Sony - looks like neither is keen to take a true big price drop and sustain it.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

The Sony 60 gig "clearance" was the best deal going. The 60 gig is the best PS3 sku. It's kind of funny how manufacturers market to the general public (hard drive space, memory, and clock speed).

It is probably best that MS holds off on the price cut. They are still doing very well in NA and it will allow them to focues their efforts on Europe.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Let's see how that goes!

Around the Network

So who's going to give MS flak for doing this, since Sony got a lot of shit for this last year, for the "limited supply" of 60 gigs, and the intro of the 40 gig.

Come on, who's gonna be first?

DMeisterJ said:
So who's going to give MS flak for doing this, since Sony got a lot of shit for this last year, for the "limited supply" of 60 gigs, and the intro of the 40 gig.

The difference is, Sony replaced the 60-gig with a highly inferior model, the 40-gig.  The 60-gig 360 will have an advantage over the current Pro.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
DMeisterJ said:

The difference this time is Microsoft is releasing an improved model where as Sony stopped the best model.

Only a clearance sale then?It wont help much sales,maybe push some ten of thousands units in some weeks.

So lets hear the fair and balanced treatment here folks. When Sony did the same thing, people bitched about it for not being a "real" price drop. It's time for the X-Bots to eat some crow.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.