By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Expect The Unexpected At E3 For M$

If all of this comes true plus some "unknown", Microsoft is going to have a killer E3. There is something for everyone on that list and apparently my household is a good representation of everyone. Lips, Gears 2, Banjo, Viva Pinata, Avatars (Miis) and the X-mote are all something we'll be very interested in. Of course the other stuff sounds great too. Of course there will be those that hate on MS and say that this is all weak, it'll all be on the PC, etc. ad nauseum, but the bottom line is that MS will have a solid E3 and I'm certainly hoping all this plus more comes this fall...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

Lol, Xbox fanboys live in dream worlds.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

I prefer expect the expected.

Particularly from MS.

We will very soon see by our owns eyes.

Time to Work !

E3 2008 is Microswifts last gasp for air, if they don't have something special in store, they can kiss it goodbye Charlie!!!

Do not forget Peter Jackson's Halo Chronicles, Alan Wake, and Killer Instinct. Should be a good E3 for them.

Around the Network

i expect a few suprises from ms and i think one of them will be killer instinct 3. i plan on buying at least 5 games from ms studios this fall.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Bobo012893 said:

selnor said:

The japanese part I am not sure about, but it is easy to see why I predict the other. Price drop happens today and whether you like it or not M$ lineup in 2nd half of the year is better than PS3's. 3 sequels of massive games, 1 spin off Halo game and 3 exclusive JRPG's. Most of PS3's titles are new IP's, they have no ground at all yet.

Not to mention we are at the start of July and 360 is 10,000 above PS3 in US, only 24,000 behind in Europe and in Japan PS3 is down to 14,000 again and 360 is up to 5,000 Ps3 = 17k 360 = 3k.(they are weekly figures.) I expect when figures come through fo M$ after price drop we will see 360 50-60,000 a week up on PS3 in US. That would be enough for M$ to have 25,000 WW lead each week. And when Fable, Gears, Banjo and Halo Wars are released there will be significant spikes in america for 2-3 weeks on each of those games maybe like 100,000 - 160,000 WW over Ps3. Then back down to around 25,000 in between launches of the big hitters. I dont think I'm far off with my prediction.

Sorry this guy is trying to say an inch is a foot for the 360 and the opposite for the Ps3. I got to step in here.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=1418

Your over estimating the 360 price drop.... It only helped Europe by 20k...

selnor said:
WhiteDevil said:
"The 360 will outsell the PS3 from August 2008 - February 2009 by an average of 25,000 a week worldwide. I also predict that 360 sales in Japan by February will be a steady 12,000 a week or higher."

Right how do you think this is gonna happen wanna make a wager for this?

The japanese part I am not sure about, but it is easy to see why I predict the other. Price drop happens today and whether you like it or not M$ lineup in 2nd half of the year is better than PS3's. 3 sequels of massive games, 1 spin off Halo game and 3 exclusive JRPG's. Most of PS3's titles are new IP's, they have no ground at all yet.

Not to mention we are at the start of July and 360 is 10,000 above PS3 in US, only 20,000 behind in Europe and in Japan PS3 is down to 14,000 again and 360 is up to 5,000.(they are weekly figures.) I expect when figures come through fo M$ after price drop we will see 360 50-60,000 a week up on PS3 in US. That would be enough for M$ to have 25,000 WW lead each week. And when Fable, Gears, Banjo and Halo Wars are released there will be significant spikes in america for 2-3 weeks on each of those games maybe like 100,000 - 160,000 WW over Ps3. Then back down to around 25,000 in between launches of the big hitters. I dont think I'm far off with my prediction.

I fail to see the wonders of 360 lineup that you claim. The sequels to massive games are what? Fable 2, Gears 2 and BK3? Of those 3, only Gears is massive. Halo Wars won't come out this year and the 3 JRPG won't sell better than the others on the console.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

MS is gonna be in a good position,,,
but this generation is full of surprises ,,,
i don't know what to predict anymore :S
anyway my predictions suck :D

Godot said:
selnor said:
WhiteDevil said:
"The 360 will outsell the PS3 from August 2008 - February 2009 by an average of 25,000 a week worldwide. I also predict that 360 sales in Japan by February will be a steady 12,000 a week or higher."

Right how do you think this is gonna happen wanna make a wager for this?

Not to mention we are at the start of July and 360 is 10,000 above PS3 in US, only 20,000 behind in Europe and in Japan PS3 is down to 14,000 again and 360 is up to 5,000.(they are weekly figures.) I expect when figures come through fo M$ after price drop we will see 360 50-60,000 a week up on PS3 in US. That would be enough for M$ to have 25,000 WW lead each week. And when Fable, Gears, Banjo and Halo Wars are released there will be significant spikes in america for 2-3 weeks on each of those games maybe like 100,000 - 160,000 WW over Ps3. Then back down to around 25,000 in between launches of the big hitters. I dont think I'm far off with my prediction.

I fail to see the wonders of 360 lineup that you claim. The sequels to massive games are what? Fable 2, Gears 2 and BK3? Of those 3, only Gears is massive. Halo Wars won't come out this year and the 3 JRPG won't sell better than the others on the console.

Who gives a **** about how much a game sales?  As a gamer, games are all that matter.  If they keep pumping out great games, all the better for me.  Halo 3 had 4 million pre-orders and all of you guys hate the game.  There are easily 5 or 6 games that I am going to pick up before the end of the year for 360.  They might not all be GOTY games but all I care about is playing games and enjoying myself, and for my tastes, M$ is delivering the goods.