By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Expect The Unexpected At E3 For M$

ok then, what am i not to expect from microsoft,

GOW3

so i am expecting to see go3 on the 360 but then i am expecting it so it is no longet unexpected so that isnt going to be on it

Around the Network

Well less than a day til their event. Can't wait.

selnor said:

Of course the developer is also said to be involved with the long-rumoured Xbox 360 motion controller, which many sources say will definitely be unveiled at E3. Rare's gone on the record saying that Banjo-Kazooie has nothing to do with motion controls, but we're not convinced Microsoft would launch the device without a support title from its premier developer in some fashion.

Rare is M$'s premier developer??? They are in more trouble than I thought.

Killer Instinct was a crap MK rip off. Forgot about it

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

God Of War 3
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy VS 13
Gran Turismo 5
Tekken 6

I don't see anything from MS that can compete with those 5, unless they announce Halo 4 or something, but even so it's 5 against one.

Not to mention

Resistance 2
Killzone2
Little Big Planet
White Knight Chronicles
Valkyria Chronicles
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
Uncharted 2
Jak 4 [unconfirmed so far]
The Agency
DC Universe
BlazBlue
Africa
Heavy Rain
Aquanauts
Socom Confrontation
Twisted Metal
Buzz! Quiz TV
Desgaea 3
Hot Shot Golf 4
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
MLB 09
Siren Blood Curse
Yakuza 3
InFamous
L.A. Noir
War Devil
Way of Samurai 3
Coded Arms Assualt
Driver 5
Identify

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Bobo012893 said:
selnor said:
WhiteDevil said:
"The 360 will outsell the PS3 from August 2008 - February 2009 by an average of 25,000 a week worldwide. I also predict that 360 sales in Japan by February will be a steady 12,000 a week or higher."

Right how do you think this is gonna happen wanna make a wager for this?

The japanese part I am not sure about, but it is easy to see why I predict the other. Price drop happens today and whether you like it or not M$ lineup in 2nd half of the year is better than PS3's. 3 sequels of massive games, 1 spin off Halo game and 3 exclusive JRPG's. Most of PS3's titles are new IP's, they have no ground at all yet.

Not to mention we are at the start of July and 360 is 10,000 above PS3 in US, only 20,000 behind in Europe and in Japan PS3 is down to 14,000 again and 360 is up to 5,000.(they are weekly figures.) I expect when figures come through fo M$ after price drop we will see 360 50-60,000 a week up on PS3 in US. That would be enough for M$ to have 25,000 WW lead each week. And when Fable, Gears, Banjo and Halo Wars are released there will be significant spikes in america for 2-3 weeks on each of those games maybe like 100,000 - 160,000 WW over Ps3. Then back down to around 25,000 in between launches of the big hitters. I dont think I'm far off with my prediction.

Star Ocean 4 will not be an exclusive.

Currently it is only slated for 360. And timed exclusive is exclusive. :)

LOL MATURE said:
Bobo012893 said:

selnor said:

The japanese part I am not sure about, but it is easy to see why I predict the other. Price drop happens today and whether you like it or not M$ lineup in 2nd half of the year is better than PS3's. 3 sequels of massive games, 1 spin off Halo game and 3 exclusive JRPG's. Most of PS3's titles are new IP's, they have no ground at all yet.

Not to mention we are at the start of July and 360 is 10,000 above PS3 in US, only 24,000 behind in Europe and in Japan PS3 is down to 14,000 again and 360 is up to 5,000 Ps3 = 17k 360 = 3k.(they are weekly figures.) I expect when figures come through fo M$ after price drop we will see 360 50-60,000 a week up on PS3 in US. That would be enough for M$ to have 25,000 WW lead each week. And when Fable, Gears, Banjo and Halo Wars are released there will be significant spikes in america for 2-3 weeks on each of those games maybe like 100,000 - 160,000 WW over Ps3. Then back down to around 25,000 in between launches of the big hitters. I dont think I'm far off with my prediction.

Sorry this guy is trying to say an inch is a foot for the 360 and the opposite for the Ps3. I got to step in here.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=1418

Your over estimating the 360 price drop.... It only helped Europe by 20k...

You underestimate the 360 in the US.

selnor said:
Bobo012893 said:
selnor said:
WhiteDevil said:
"The 360 will outsell the PS3 from August 2008 - February 2009 by an average of 25,000 a week worldwide. I also predict that 360 sales in Japan by February will be a steady 12,000 a week or higher."

Not to mention we are at the start of July and 360 is 10,000 above PS3 in US, only 20,000 behind in Europe and in Japan PS3 is down to 14,000 again and 360 is up to 5,000.(they are weekly figures.) I expect when figures come through fo M$ after price drop we will see 360 50-60,000 a week up on PS3 in US. That would be enough for M$ to have 25,000 WW lead each week. And when Fable, Gears, Banjo and Halo Wars are released there will be significant spikes in america for 2-3 weeks on each of those games maybe like 100,000 - 160,000 WW over Ps3. Then back down to around 25,000 in between launches of the big hitters. I dont think I'm far off with my prediction.

Even though its timed excusivity it still wont sell that well in japan. Do you really expect it to sell enough copies for it really to make a difference. Look at Lost Odyssey it only sold 50K first week in japan. Having 3 exclusive JPRG's on 360 wont move any systems. I dont know how much money M$ paid for the titles to be exclusive but I have a feeling that they will eventually need to port them over to PS3 because the sales will be too low.

My Top 5 Games of All Time

1. FF7 4. SSX Tricky

2. FE7 5. RE4

3. MGS4

VALENCIA CF

SACRAMENTO KINGS

laziassazn said:
selnor said:
Bobo012893 said:
selnor said:
WhiteDevil said:

Even though its timed excusivity it still wont sell that well in japan. Do you really expect it to sell enough copies for it really to make a difference. Look at Lost Odyssey it only sold 50K first week in japan. Having 3 exclusive JPRG's on 360 wont move any systems. I dont know how much money M$ paid for the titles to be exclusive but I have a feeling that they will eventually need to port them over to PS3 because the sales will be too low.

Who says that it is a timed exclusive. All they showed was a video of SO4 with for xbox 360 at the end. That means nothing.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

It know it must hurt but its going to be exclusive to 360 with no plans for PS3. So the most that will happen is a 1 year timed exclusive like BioShock. It was announced by the Square Enix executives and developers in the Microsoft JRPG press conference and its all over the internet. Heres one link:

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/06/square-enix-no.html

If you can read Japanese, here is the real statement:

http://messages.yahoo.co.jp/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=1009684&tid=a5a8a5ka5ca5afa59&sid=1009684&mid=34754

Some screenshots:
http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/06/microsoft-rpg-e.html

During the JPRG press conference, they did a roundtable discussion, and this was stated:

Square Enix producer Yoshinori Yamagishi cleared things up during a roundtable interview session that followed the press conference. Asked if the game is 360-only, he said, "We cannot announce anything on that. We can say that it will be released first [on the Xbox 360]. Whether we'll release it on the PS3 is undecided. We may release it, we may not."

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/880/880441p1.html?RSSwhen2008-06-10_030000&RSSid=880441