By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I bought my PS3, game suggestions time

SamuelRSmith said:
MontanaHatchet said:
SamuelRSmith said:

That link says you're getting a 20gb, right? So my first reccommendation would be a larger HDD, then download as many demos as possible, try before you buy.

You should give The Darkness a look into, there's a demo on the store.

EDIT: Oh, and Naz, since when were you a mod? I read no announcement about it.

He was made a mod about the same time I was.

Ah, for quite some time, then.

Actually I'm not just a mod.  I'm forum administrator.  Mod of the mods basically.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
kowenicki said:
Don't get resistance... despite someone saying above its hurting the 360 (WHAT!?) it is very average and looks quite sad in the wake of COD4, Gears and even Bad Company. wait for RFOM2.

CoD4 is the game that looks quite sad, and is average.  CoD4 is one of the worst looking games i have ever seen.  The textures and lighting are by far some of the worst this gen, the game also suffers from weak gun sounds and gun sounds that disappear when people get close to you.  Some guy coming up from  behind you and letting lose with an LMG and nothing can be heard.

It looks much better on PC, and has none of the audio/visual/bullet hit detection glitches.  CoD4 is a case of a game being built on PC and ported down to consoles, and yeah, it lost a good deal in translation. 

If I buy a console shooter it will probably be Resistance since I can get it cheap, but again chances are I won't be buying shooters.

Also, I own Oblivion on PC and despise it.  One of the worst games I've played in my life.

Naz, what of Folklore and the coupon I gave?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

Well, I mentioned earlier in the thread that I'd already beaten Folklore as Ellen on a friend's system, but would probably buy it anyway. 

As for the coupon, I am almost literally flat broke.  Seriously I have like $10 in my account.  So no games till I get paid a week from Friday.

You should check out Siren! Its pretty cheap and you can enjoy in now rather than later. Its a download so you can do it from the comfort of your home and at the same time get around to installing the PS3 on your network.

For a dumpster dive you should definately check out NG Sigma, Heavenly sword, Genji 2 and Dark kingdom since they can be bought quite cheap. Sigma/Heavenly sword definately a good choice if you like action games.

Tease.

Around the Network

Pain on PSN is fun, I got it free with my mgs4 bundle. For $10 it is worth it. Unfortunately there is only one city to destroy but they have different launching spots, one of them you have to get 1.5 million points in one launch to unlock, which isn't cool. The first time you play it you won't be able to stop laughing.

Tekken 5: DRO, PixelJunk Monsters, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Resistance(Only if u want, better off waiting for Resistance 2 IMO), Heavenly Sword, and Metal Gear Solid 4

Too bad you don't have any cash right now. Gamestop's DOTD is Heavenly Sword for $20 used. And that 25% off coupon + 10% off with EDGE card is a sweet deal. I picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Assassin's Creed for $35 and change.

I would recommend Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Heavenly Sword (if you can get it cheap) and Uncharted. Warhawk can be fun, but it has a pretty steep learning curve. I also recommend Folklore. It can get a little repetitive at times, but seeing as how you have Assassin's Creed, I don't think you will mind too much. Resistance can be pretty fun, but be warned that it starts off slow. Very slow. But then ending is worth it.

As for the PSN, I would recommend checking out Super Stardust HD and PixelJunk Monsters. All the games I've listed except Warhawk has a demo so you should be able to get a decent feel for the games before making any decisions.

naznatips said:
outlawauron said:

Well, I mentioned earlier in the thread that I'd already beaten Folklore as Ellen on a friend's system, but would probably buy it anyway. 

As for the coupon, I am almost literally flat broke.  Seriously I have like $10 in my account.  So no games till I get paid a week from Friday.

Ah I see. I sorry about the broke part, and I didn't see your earlier post.

However, how did you beat ellen's story w/o playing as Keats?

bobobologna said:
Too bad you don't have any cash right now. Gamestop's DOTD is Heavenly Sword for $20 used. And that 25% off coupon + 10% off with EDGE card is a sweet deal. I picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Assassin's Creed for $35 and change.

I would recommend Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Heavenly Sword (if you can get it cheap) and Uncharted. Warhawk can be fun, but it has a pretty steep learning curve. I also recommend Folklore. It can get a little repetitive at times, but seeing as how you have Assassin's Creed, I don't think you will mind too much. Resistance can be pretty fun, but be warned that it starts off slow. Very slow. But then ending is worth it.

As for the PSN, I would recommend checking out Super Stardust HD and PixelJunk Monsters. All the games I've listed except Warhawk has a demo so you should be able to get a decent feel for the games before making any decisions.

Ya, I got DMC 4 for $30 and Lair for $20 using the deal.