By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will win E3 2008?

even if nintendo announces a full motion tracking system and microsoft announces 3 dimensional navigation ................... Sony will be showing God of War 3.

Easily the most epic series ever created !

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

sony is who i am thinking
Even with a new zelda sony has god of war 3 by its side to almost match it. Along with a shit load of other titles while nintendo has squat.

Of course if MS drops a bomb they could, a new halo game would destroy anything else out there.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

brute said:
gamers will win in this E3

No need to post anything else. This IS the right answer.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

DMeisterJ said:
RolStoppable said:
Nintendo will win like the last two years before. If you disagreed that they won 2006 and/or 2007 back then, you probably will disagree this time as well.

They did win 06, but definitely not 07.

07 was looked at as Nintendo turning their back on the hardcore, and even when Reggie announced SSBB to be out before the end of the year, no one applauded. And when MK Wii was shown and announced to be out in "early 08", no one cared. But Sony stole the show with the Killzone 2 footage that while not quite measuring up to the CG in 05, looking damn good.

Personally M$ won 06. When they showed on stage GEOW that blew everyone away. I think Sony will be quite a bit in last place this E3. Nintendo dont have to turn up, they will still sell wii's:). But M$ if they show long good gameplay footage of Fable 2, GEOW 2(Imagine some awesome new level with 100's of onscreen enemies) BK3, Too Human, Halo Wars, IU,TLR,TOV,Left 4 Dead and posibly Halo Chronicles and whatever other secret game announcement I dont think KZ2, LBP, WKS and FF13 is enough for Sony.

selnor said:
DMeisterJ said:
RolStoppable said:
Nintendo will win like the last two years before. If you disagreed that they won 2006 and/or 2007 back then, you probably will disagree this time as well.

07 was looked at as Nintendo turning their back on the hardcore, and even when Reggie announced SSBB to be out before the end of the year, no one applauded. And when MK Wii was shown and announced to be out in "early 08", no one cared. But Sony stole the show with the Killzone 2 footage that while not quite measuring up to the CG in 05, looking damn good.

Personally M$ won 06. When they showed on stage GEOW that blew everyone away. I think Sony will be quite a bit in last place this E3. Nintendo dont have to turn up, they will still sell wii's:). But M$ if they show long good gameplay footage of Fable 2, GEOW 2(Imagine some awesome new level with 100's of onscreen enemies) BK3, Too Human, Halo Wars, IU,TLR,TOV,Left 4 Dead and posibly Halo Chronicles and whatever other secret game announcement I dont think KZ2, LBP, WKS and FF13 is enough for Sony.

Microsoft has never come close to winning an E3, and I doubt they'll win this time or any time in the near future. It's always been either Sony or Nintendo, Sony in '07 and Nintendo in '06.

I like you how you listed more games than Microsoft is going to show this E3 and less than half of what Sony is going to show this E3. Solid comparison.

The main reason they won't win any time soon is because Microsoft just doesn't have the punch behind its games that Sony and Nintendo do.

But of course, everyone already knew you were going to say Microsoft before you even posted here, so...

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Around the Network

I don't understand why some people can say that:
Nintendo wins if they show Zelda
Sony wins if they show God of War III

You can't possibly be 100% honest that these things will make or break E3 for you. I can see how they could be huge showings, but unless they pull off a lot of other stuff to than a single game will not be enough. Not for me at least.

obieslut said:
what is it with everyone and zelda lol,

Your profile says you're 17. That's pretty young, but it sure as hell is old enough to know what the big deal is about new console Zelda games.

It's like saying, "what is it with everyone and jesus lol,"

Also, for future reference, you WILL capitalize "Jesus" and "Zelda" in any posts you make. If you don't, you won't have to worry about what I'll do to you.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Also for the record, if Zelda is announced, God of War will be a footnote. IMHO, that is.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

being a true nintendo fanboy i will have to say wii. but based on the games up there i would have to say ps3. BUT if jak and daxter and twisted metal arent announced then it ggoes to wii. also there are other surprises from wii meaning we dont know what they are. sure we can guess but will we ever really know?

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Gobias said:
selnor said:
DMeisterJ said:
RolStoppable said:

Microsoft has never come close to winning an E3, and I doubt they'll win this time or any time in the near future. It's always been either Sony or Nintendo, Sony in '07 and Nintendo in '06.

I like you how you listed more games than Microsoft is going to show this E3 and less than half of what Sony is going to show this E3. Solid comparison.

The main reason they won't win any time soon is because Microsoft just doesn't have the punch behind its games that Sony and Nintendo do.

But of course, everyone already knew you were going to say Microsoft before you even posted here, so...

Hmm ok. E3 2006. The thoughts and discussion. Sony may as well not have trurned up.
http://uk.wii.ign.com/dor/articles/707106/e3-2006-e3-conference-video-roundtable/videos/e306_roundtable.html