By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories Coming to North America?

pakidan101 said:
Cactus said:

I say this in the nicest way, but how did the Wii even get into this thread? Wouldn't everyone assume that it's going to be PS2? I mean it would be stupid for Square to release this alone when they can just port the whole FM+ along with it, which points to a PS2 release.

B..B...B...But Wii would like to play??

Don't get me wrong, I would love if this game gets released on the Wii. I believe in equal oppertunity gaming, but I need hard evidence not just "it fits with the userbase" or "they would be stupid not to put it on the Wii". Iv'e seen this happen with so many games while lurking this site.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
dtewi said:
Localization doesn't take two years BTW.

It could be released on another console.

Maybe they were busy doing other stuff to bother.Why do you guys try so hard to make it look like every single game is going to the wii?I understand soriku because he can't buy other consoles due to his gaming dilemma but what about the other people?

Well damn it why would people wonder where it will go? although there is a change it's going to Wii, I just am going to look the cooler and smarter one by saying it isn't.

I readjusted because otherwise it would be too negative, but do you really wonder people are wondering where the game is going and if it might come to Wii? Is the Wii totally out of the question, can you give us proof? If not shut up and don't try like you are the better/smarter one. If people believe it will go to the Wii why do you bother? Just let them have hope (and this isn't even really out of the question?). I'm not saying it's going to Wii by the way, but I will not be surprised when it is.

Cactus said:
pakidan101 said:
Cactus said:

I say this in the nicest way, but how did the Wii even get into this thread? Wouldn't everyone assume that it's going to be PS2? I mean it would be stupid for Square to release this alone when they can just port the whole FM+ along with it, which points to a PS2 release.

Don't get me wrong, I would love if this game gets released on the Wii. I believe in equal oppertunity gaming, but I need hard evidence not just "it fits with the userbase" or "they would be stupid not to put it on the Wii". Iv'e seen this happen with so many games while lurking this site.

It's fairly easy to port it to Wii, so they might want to try making more money. The chance might not be big, but it is certainly there.

Soriku said:
ctk495 said:
pakidan101 said:
Soriku said:
pakidan101 said:
Soriku said:
pakidan101 said:
Soriku said:
lol I believe the game will come out on the PS2 but Wii isn't far-fetched or "OMG IMPOSSIBLE!" either.

sadly, it is still a stretch, isn't it?

Maybe. But porting it and localizing it wouldn't take up too much time.

Of course not. But, you gotta admit, many third-party companies seem to be giving the Wii the raw end of the deal in terms of greatgames. Even it doesn't make sense. Only small companies can be counted on these day, and even then you will still get games like Ninja Breadman 2.

Ninja Breadman is from ONE small company that's already known for making shovelware. It's not like they'd make an HD game - it's too expensive. Who knows, maybe one day they can grow into a bigger company and make better games.

Maybe. But it was such a GREAT concept. Ninjas, awesome. Gingerbread, delicious. Ninja Breadman? Ugly piece of crap! Sigh, maybe I'm being too harsh...

No you are telling the truth is soriku who thinks the wii will get a awesome third party support,when last year the wii had soulcalibur legends instead of the main game Soulcalibur IV and this year it is getting Castlevania Judgment and we all know were the main castlevania is going.........

DS?

Also, it doesn't take a system 1 year to get major third party support released (as long as you'rnot named the PS2). Even the DS took two years (Wii hasn't even been out that long).

Awesome AAA+ post. Will read again.

Of course that is understandable. When there is a change in the market leader position, it takes certain time for companies to readjust and figure out how to cope with the changing times or risk being left behind and lost forever, ie. the PS1 vs. the N64 when FFVII went to the PS1.

But Square really wanted the cinematics for that game and it wasn't possible for the N64 cartridges, hence the move to the PS1. Advancements that can be seen through the eyes are always more obvious than advancements that are felt. That is how humanity is. So it is going to take much much longer for the Wii to get more and more AAA games like the PS1 and the PS2 did.

With that said, though I want it to be on the Wii, it is going to be on the PS2 and I am totally fine with that. How is the game anyways? Haven't heard much about it....

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

SleepWaking said:
ctk495 said:
dtewi said:

Maybe they were busy doing other stuff to bother.Why do you guys try so hard to make it look like every single game is going to the wii?I understand soriku because he can't buy other consoles due to his gaming dilemma but what about the other people?

Well damn it why would people wonder where it will go? although there is a change it's going to Wii, I just am going to look the cooler and smarter one by saying it isn't.

I readjusted because otherwise it would be too negative, but do you really wonder people are wondering where the game is going and if it might come to Wii? Is the Wii totally out of the question, can you give us proof? If not shut up and don't try like you are the better/smarter one. If people believe it will go to the Wii why do you bother? Just let them have hope (and this isn't even really out of the question?). I'm not saying it's going to Wii by the way, but I will not be surprised when it is.

Well I'm just trying to be logical,is there a reason why there is a chance that it is going to the wii do those people have any prove or something that will support what they are saying?I have one since the same game was realeased on the ps2 in japan then they could translate it and realease it in america.The only evidence that they say to support their claims is that localization doesn't take two years,but what if square was busy focousing on other games?

Around the Network
Cactus said:
pakidan101 said:
Cactus said:

Lol same here. I would love it to be on the Wii as well, but I totally understand the odds are against it and have no qualms with it being on the PS2. In fact....I would not be surprised at all if even KH3 ends up being on the PS2 as well....I mean, why not finish the trilogy on the console that you started at, right?

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

ctk495 said:
SleepWaking said:
ctk495 said:
dtewi said:

Well I'm just trying to be logical,is there a reason why there is a chance that it is going to the wii do those people have any prove or something that will support what they are saying?I have one since the same game was realeased on the ps2 in japan then they could translate it and realease it in america.The only evidence that they say to support their claims is that localization doesn't take two years,but what if square was busy focousing on other games?

Yeah that is totally understandable. None of you guys are wrong at what you are claiming at. I guess some of us Wii fans can be a wiiiiiiii bit hopeful, huh? (see what I did there?...I'm so corny sigh)

Explanation of sig:

Soriku said:
pakidan101 said:
Cactus said:
pakidan101 said:
Cactus said:

Lol same here. I would love it to be on the Wii as well, but I totally understand the odds are against it and have no qualms with it being on the PS2. In fact....I would not be surprised at all if even KH3 ends up being on the PS2 as well....I mean, why not finish the trilogy on the console that you started at, right?

Nomura said KH2: FM+ would be the last KH game on the PS2. KH3 is not coming to the PS2. Besides, the earliest it could come out is 2010 -- the PS2 will be dead. Besides, who said KH was a trilogy? Right, nobody. There could be more games for all we know. I really don't understand why people call KH a trilogy without any proof whatsoever.

If they wanted to release KH3 on the PS2...why not make FF XIII for it as well? Because they want to develop for the current gen systems, not last gen.

That's another prove why Com will be on the ps2 it is the same game that has been realease on japan just that now it will go to america they are not making a new kingdom hearts game for the ps2.

It seems strange that they would wait this long to bring it over here.

On the other hand, with the PS2 slowly dying...I can understand why people think it might be for the Wii. This is definitely a way to capitalize on the growing userbase.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I don't want to believe it coming to the Wii but it would make sense for the people who want Kingdom Hearts 3 to come to the Wii. I personally want KH3 to come to PS3 or Xbox360, I don't want to "swing" a keyblade around. I don't think anything is really wrong with standard button controls since it feels a lot like a RPG to me.

If they do plan to make KH3 for the Wii then they would probally want to make something on the Wii to get it out there for the userbase to have available and play. Okami came out on the Wii and it was on ps2. It could also be to try out the Wii market to see how much the userbase would be interested in a KH game.

If this comes to the Wii it would all but confirm KH3 for the Wii I would think, if the game does well. Also just because they are looking for English voice actors doesn't mean it won't be coming to Japan again, since they already had voice actors for it they don't need to look for more.