By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - i was thinking about getting "DISGAEA 3" for ps3, is it a good series?

i never got any of the other games in the series, but i was looking into disgaea 3 for the ps3, and was wondering if i should get the game, any help would be welcome, ty.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

if you like SRPG, you won't be disappointed with this series :)

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

It's a fantastic series. Have you played any SRPG's before?

Also, I would recommend playing Disgaea 1 first, not that it is necessary, but just to get a feel of the characters that will undoubtedly make appearances in the game.

Even if you don't like SRPGs you'll likely want to play through it for the humor.

I can't see them missing a beat since the rest of the NI games are hilarious.

Well except possibly Phantom Brave.

It is a very fun game with lots of humor and loveable characters. I like the series.

But, there is lots of grindiing involved and the graphics are not very good at all.

If you can get past that, then I reccomend it!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

i dont mind grinding in games, because i always want my characters at their max levs and powers. i have played some srpg's before, i thought the characters and its style made it look like a game i might want. humor is always a nice welcome in a game, i think i will get this game.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

If you're unsure about it, maybe get your toes wet by picking up the original. That is if you have the means to play PS2 games. It's a little lighter on the wallet, and will probably be somewhat of a collector's item in a few years time. Overall it's an excellent series, and my personal RPG favorite. Waning though, I'm happy you like grinding but do note there is a massive amount of grinding in this game. Possibly the most of any game. Hundreds upon hundreds of hours of possible grinding.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

If you're unsure about it, maybe get your toes wet by picking up the original. That is if you have the means to play PS2 games. It's a little lighter on the wallet, and will probably be somewhat of a collector's item in a few years time. Overall it's an excellent series, and my personal RPG favorite. Waning though, I'm happy you like grinding but do note there is a massive amount of grinding in this game. Possibly the most of any game. Hundreds upon hundreds of hours of possible grinding.

I remember being able to get through Disgaea 1 by just playing a small party, and only had a couple places in Disgaea 2 where I NEEDED to grind.

Most of the massive grinding is just due to wanting to play the extras.

Another reason to buy this is the price point. Starts at $50 instead of $60.

Kasz216 said:
Onyxmeth said:

I remember being able to get through Disgaea 1 by just playing a small party, and only had a couple places in Disgaea 2 where I NEEDED to grind.

Most of the massive grinding is just due to wanting to play the extras.

Oh absolutely. I'm just elaborating on how much grinding is possible in the game. I can't imagine ever getting to the end of it all. That's what make Disgaea so great as an RPG though. It has such a great core experience if you don't want to dabble in the Assembly, transmigrate, bombard the item world multiple times over and get up to level 9999, but they are there fo those that want to fully enjoy the game.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.